Different (Edited)

꧁ ⸺ ꧂

Hi I am y/n and this is my story....

Flashback 19 years ago:

Four-year-old y/n was running around laughing in some kind of laboratory. Busy adults watched her and gave her a little smile. She had no parents, at least no ‚real' ones to take care of her. The girl had never seen daylight or anything else before. Because the others kept her only in the house, she was never allowed outside. It was too dangerous, she could not breathe the air. That was burned into her brain over and over again. But one day one of the employees left the main door open and y/n, driven by curiosity, simply ran out into the forest. No one had noticed her. When the little girl took a closer look at her surroundings, she couldn't stop being amazed. She almost got a shock from all the novelties. The plants under her feet and the sunlight blinding her through the trees. She took a strong little breath and let the fresh air rush into her lungs. Y/n walked on, touching everything she could get.

...

Gradually it became dark and she got scared. It was all very strange already. Had she been too cocky? Strange noises echoed through the night. She began to cry and sat down. Some time passed and suddenly there was a growling from behind a bush. A black predator appeared and came menacingly close. The little child began to cry even more. Just as the animal was about to charge at her it fell jerkily to the ground a piece of wood stuck in it. Y/n sobbed. A figure came out of the thicket. One that resembled a human. Very tall and with blue skin. Gently she knelt beside her and watched her. "What are you doing here all alone?" A man's voice sounded. He looked at her braid and her pale stripes. The blue something looked around. Then it took y/n in its arms and stood up. With wide eyes, the frightened girl looked into two big yellow ones. In the next moment, the creature scurried with her into the forest....

———

Today:

Yes actually I can hardly remember anything except that I felt I always lived here on Pandora in the forest with my family. My dad brought me here. His name is Jake Sully and as far as I know he was once a skyhuman and should have looked like me. What I can not imagine with the best will in the world. Besides, he is the leader of our clan the Omaticaya. I was told everything, of course. Who he was and something like that. But they don't say anything about the sky people and where I come from. Every time I spoke to my parents about it, they got angry. I only knew that I was apparently a kind of human, not 'real' a Na'vi. But I have a braid and pale blue stripes like them. I knew early on that something about me was different from my siblings. I didn't have blue skin and I wasn't as tall as them, which they often took advantage of, but that doesn't matter now. My mom Neytiri was not sooo nice to me in the beginning, I remember that, but that had quickly subsided. Maybe because I am the way I am, well. The others from the clan always said I was one of the skypeople, but that was not true. I don't even know what they look like. I only know what I look like and the Na'vi.

...

Now I was sitting in front of a small lake and drank some of the water. Then I noticed my reflection. Lost in thought, I touched my face and looked at my ears. "Why do you look so funny y/n?"
I asked myself. "I don't know maybe because you are?" Sounded my brother Lo'ak's voice behind me. Before I knew it, I landed in the water, terrified. I resurfaced with only a towel around my waist and bust. "Man Lo'ak I told you not to sneak up on me like that!" I coughed. "It was such a good opportunity I just couldn't resist." he grinned. "Haha." I returned annoyed and trotted out of the water. "Oh y/n don't be like that you should be happy today is my big day after all." "Yeah Lo'ak YOUR big day." He rolled his eyes and together we walked back home. Yes today was the ceremony. Where you become a real warrior and choose your ikran. I had tried to do that a few years ago, but it was impossible. I don't need to tell you much about it except that I hurt myself badly even though my dad helped me. But I just couldn't do it with my body. Damn it I'm still mad to this day. All the other kids had made it except me. Mom always told me not to worry about it, but I did. No matter.

"There you are, y/n Lo'ak, we thought something had happened!" "No, Dad, everything's fine," I returned, somewhat dejectedly. He put a hand on my shoulder and smiled. I gave him one too and kept walking. My "fall" into the water had cut my arm on a sharp stone and I decided to go to my grandmother Tsahìk.

(Italics = Na'vi  Normal = English)

"Hello y/n sit down." With a smile on her face, she greeted me. Quietly, I slid to the floor while she prepared the medicine. "You look down." she remarked to Na'vi. I just shrugged my shoulders. "Oh come on tell me what's wrong, is it because of Lo'ak's ceremony?" She started to doctor my arm. I nodded inconspicuously. She pressed her lips together knowingly. "I know darling, but how many times have we told you that it's not bad? You can't help it." "Yes I can, look at me." I returned a little annoyed. "Nobody tells me anything. Neither who I am nor where I come from." "For a good reason." My dad's voice rang out. He was standing in the doorway, watching me. Embarrassed, I looked the other way. "Done." said Grandma, and I stood up. I put two fingers to my forehead and slid them down to the front. It was a form of saying thank you. She nodded at me. I quickly scurried past my father and out. "Ah ah ah stop y/n." He held me by the arm and pointed to my wound. "What happened?" "Lo'ak scared me," I replied. "Are you okay?" he asked and I shrugged my shoulders "Sure." He nodded reluctantly and let me go.

꧁ ⸺ ꧂

//So I hope you enjoyed the first chapter. :))))) 1118 words//