Doctors

꧁ ⸺ ꧂

-
Annoyed, Colonel Quaritch stood in the control room. "Colonel we are at an impasse." Noted one of the human staffers sitting at a computer. "No damn it!" He shouted across the room, banging on the table. Horrified, everyone stared at him. Even the Avatar soldiers quieted down. He closed his eyes and tried to calm down, but it didn't really work. "We're so close already!" He said a little quieter this time. "But-." One of the avatars was about to start until he started yelling again. "Argh there were scientists holed up in the forest 22 years ago! It's gotta be possible to find that damn lab!" Miles took a quick breath until he turned his attention to everyone in the room. "It's bad enough that no one here noticed! So keep looking or you'll meet me some other way!" Furious, he stomped out of the control center. It was now quiet as a mouse.

One of the avatars leaned toward another. "What's up with the Colonel lately?" The second shrugged. "I don't know, but if he keeps it up, this isn't going to end well." Lyle joined in, looking offended. "I think it's that ‚human' woman." He said snidely. The two others looked at him and shrugged their shoulders.

-

Thoughtfully, I lay on my bed and stared at the ceiling. Why did all this happen to me? Annoyed, I got up and scurried into the bathroom. I looked at my body in the mirror. An expression of annoyance crossed my face. I tore off my Band-Aids and threw them on the floor. Let him do what he wants! I shouted in my mind. Some blood ran from the wound that was ripped open again by my rough hands. "Argh!" I cursed and dabbed it.

"Uhm hello?" I wheeled around as a voice rang out. "What?!" I asked sourly. By now I was used to people coming into my room all the time and giving me no privacy. The bathroom door opened slowly and a woman appeared. "Come with me, you're going to be examined." I screwed up my face. "Examined by whom and why?" The woman eyed me up and down. "Simply a doctor don't you know something like that? He'll take your blood, for example, to find out more about you." "Take my blood huh? How is that supposed to work?!" Annoyed, she rolled her eyes. "Let's go!" "Where's the colonel?" "He's busy elsewhere.!" She pointed her head toward the exit.

Cursing, I ran after her like a little child. She opened the door to a room and led me inside. Everything was completely white and an acrid smell rose to my nose. "Uh." I looked around sheepishly and saw people walking around in white clothes. My anger from earlier had faded. A man with something weird sitting on his eyes (glasses) came up to me. "Ah very good you are here. I am Doctor Thomson. Please sit here on the couch y/n." (Sry I don't know how that's called in english) Uncertainly, I followed him and sat down. I felt uncomfortable. "So now-." He tried to take my arm but I pulled him away. "It's all right nothing bad will happen." I reluctantly let him. The next moment my wrist was tied to the couch. "This is just for safety." With wide eyes I looked at him and he clamped some thing on my finger. Suddenly something started beeping steadily and I looked in the direction it was coming from. Thomson saw my clueless look and smiled slightly. "I can see your pulse with this." I understood nothing, but said not a word.

He stroked the inside of my elbow with a wet cloth. Then he took something from the table and I followed every move he made. I felt more and more queasy. "Now this is going to hurt a little bit." Slightly agitated, I looked at this one and the beeping got faster. The Doctor looked up at the quad. "All good y/n it's not bad." I realized he was holding something pointy in his hand and panic set in. I tried to pull my arm away but it was fixed. "I don't want this, pls let me go!" I said a bit scared but the doctor didn't listen and came closer and closer. "Really relax." I saw that he made no effort to let it go and panicked. "No stop!" I shouted now and held him back with my other hand. Calmly, Thomson took a quick breath. "Okay I was actually hoping this would go differently." He looked up and called across the room. "Can someone give me a hand here?" Meanwhile, I was trying to tear myself away. "Quick please?!" I turned around and saw two men in white clothes, walking knowingly towards me. Now I tore so much at the couch that it slid back and forth.

Four arms grabbed me from behind and held me tight. I tried to lash out but had no chance. "It's all right y/n nothing's happening." I heard Thomson in front of me and then I felt a twinge. I was frightened and started to kick around me. I hit the doctor in front of me and he fell to the ground. Then I bit one of the men who was holding me. He cried out and broke away from me. Sedate sedate! I heard excited voices shouting. My right arm was now free and I hit the other man in the face with it. I had a short moment to free myself and stood up. I pulled on my wrist as hard as I could, ignoring the pain I was causing myself. "Arghhh!" I was straining so hard I thought I was going to have a heart attack. I noticed that the blood was running a bit down the arm that was tied.

Now a woman came up to me, again with such a lacy thing. "Here Doctor, I've got it!" She shouted. Panic-stricken, I jerked my arm as I saw that the ribbon had managed to loosen. Hope flashed in me. Again I tore at it. Still I was not free. Then I yanked on the couch one last time as the band came completely loose and I fell backwards onto the floor from the momentum.

"She must not escape!" Shouted someone. I quickly stood up and looked for the exit. I looked around excitedly and couldn't spot the door at first but not two seconds later I saw it. I ran towards it but a man stood in my way. "Take it easy y/n." Slowly he approached me. I picked up a nearest object and hurled it at him. I jumped over the one lying on the ground and kept running. A second one came from the side but I rammed her away.

I tore open the door and raced outside, closely followed by the doctors. "Stop right there!" They shouted after me. I ran frightened through one hallway after another until I slowly ran out of breath. Briefly, I leaned against the wall, coughing, trying to catch my breath. Not a moment later, I heard fast footsteps again and stumbled on.

Then I saw him. Miles coming toward me, staring at some thing. He hadn't seen me yet. "Miles!" I cried tearfully. Horrified, he looked up and stopped. He couldn't react that fast. When I reached him, I hid behind his legs and shook with panic. Astonished, he looked down at me until he heard the voices of the doctors. They were just coming around the corner. They were coughing and breathing heavily. "Colonel. Thank God you got her." Thomson said, squinting at me. Our eyes met and I tried to hide even more.

"Colonel?" He asked. Miles eyed me with an expressionless face then looked back at the doctors and then back at me. "Please don't send me back to them." I begged him. He seemed to be struggling with himself.

-
For the first time, Quaritch was overwhelmed. He didn't know how to react. Actually, he wanted to avoid contact with y/n and stay away. He had to. He couldn't let her get any closer.
-

Miles' gaze drifted back to the doctors. "What do you want from her?" Sounded his voice. "We...we just wanted to do some tests and draw her blood." I saw him nod. "Take her back." Horrified, I looked up at him. The doctors were coming at me again. The words just echoed through my head and a twinge went through my chest. "No." I said softly, then screamed. "No! How can you do this to me!"

All the people I wanted to get rid of grabbed me again and pulled me along. I fought back but it didn't help. I saw Miles following everything and if I was not mistaken I saw regret flashing on his face for a short moment. "Please let me go!" I felt a twinge at the base of my neck and felt immediately dizzy. My body grew weak and I slumped down. I could only perceive the voices distantly.

-
Quaritch watched everything and looked after the motionless y/n. Lost, he now stood alone in the hallway. His decision left a strong tugging in his chest, but he didn't let it show.
-

꧁ ⸺ ꧂

// cool cool cool no really cool haha. Hope you liked it <3 My brother speaks fluent English and says to me I write poorly grammatically🥲💀 lol what is your native language? 1585 words//

Oh and here is a picture of me and my d- 🤭