Disappointment

꧁ ⸺ ꧂

Miles was roughly pulled up by my father and passed to two Metkayina. "Hey dad what are you doing! Please leave him alone!" I shouted as he walked towards me. "Y/n why? Why are you with that monster?!" Horrified, I looked at him. "Excuse me? Monster? Miles is not a monster! Please he saved me! What is this all about I don't understand anything anymore!" My mind was racing, I didn't know what was suddenly going on. I squinted over my dad's shoulder and saw my mom cursing Miles. "Y/n that man is dangerous!" He tried to sound calm but I could clearly hear his anger coming out. "He's not dangerous!" He put a hand on my shoulder. "It was him who kidnapped you, wasn't it?" I looked to the ground, caught. "Yeah, but-." He interrupted me. "That answer is enough for me!" Suddenly my Dad stood up and stormed over to Miles. "Let's get it done!" Wide-eyed, I watched the action unfold and saw my father strike. Miles groaned in pain which made all the ropes break inside me. I lost control and screamed. "NO LEAVE HIM ALONE PLEASE PLEASE!!!" My voice was so loud that I hardly recognized myself.

At the same moment my father stopped and turned around breathing heavily with an incredulous look on his face. My mother also looked at me in shock. Again tears had formed in my eyes. "Please don't hurt him." I begged as I ran toward Miles. "My goodness are you okay?" I gently stroked his face, scanning it for injuries. "It's okay. I'm fine." He replied while spitting some blood out of his mouth. Relieved, I turned back around and hadn't noticed how quiet it had become. All present stared at me with a confused look.

"Y/n what?!" My father was stunned. " What happened?! Why are you protecting this demon?! Why are you touching him like that w-." My father stopped as if he understood abruptly. "Oh great mother no...Please don't. This can't be true. You bonded?" My mother asked frightened. Several of the salty drops made their way down my cheeks. Miles eyes were on me and had taken on an expression I couldn't interpret. "Almost...But what would be so bad about it?!" I almost whispered, hearing my parents exhale audibly. "Don't hurt him...please...do it for me."

The silence of the two almost crushed me, but then my father's voice rang out. "We are going back to the village! Take him with you! I need to think." Relieved, I closed my eyes for a moment. Thank Eywa.

...

I followed the group through the forest to a beach I did not know. A little further away I saw a Metkayina village peacefully shimmering in the sun. It had taken hours to reach our destination, which is why it was now daylight. Again and again Miles and I exchanged inconspicuous glances.

As we walked across the warm sand, my father suddenly stopped and turned to me. "I'm going to lock him up, not kill him. For you. And just ONLY for you." Somewhat relieved, I looked up at him. "Dad you don't have to do this. He's not evil, he's changed." My eyes drifted to Miles. "Isn't that right?" Pleading, I looked at him and he gave me a slight nod. But my father breathed in and out critically. "Y/n this is going to be hard for you now." I felt a bad premonition brewing and turned my attention back to him. "Quaritch is a murderer. A monster." "Dad really I-." I couldn't find the words. I tried to say something each time, but slowly my confidence crumbled, as many times as he had now said that Miles was dangerous. "Listen to me, sweetheart... He was the one who destroyed our home tree before you even existed. He was the one who torched the villages of the Metkayina. And he was the one who killed Grace Augustin. Kiri's birth mother." Horrified, I looked at Miles who was looking at me sadly. For the first time I saw him so weak and vulnerable. "No! No this must be a mistake!" Again my eyes filled with the salty tears. "But y/n it is true. He also had Kiri, Lo'ak, and Tuk captured briefly. He had a knife at their throats." I took a step back. "That can't be true." In disbelief, I shook my head. I didn't want to believe any of this.

"Tell her the truth demon!" My mother suddenly shouted and I turned around. My gaze was now on Miles who looked concerned to the ground. "Tell her!" She demanded him again. "Please tell me that they are wrong. That it wasn't you, it was Lyle." My pulse raced as I eyed Quaritch. "Y/n it-." He was obviously struggling to find words. "Miles?" My voice broke as I saw his guilt-filled look. "They're telling the truth."

My ears began to ring and I felt my heart grow heavy with a thud. Again my body staggered back a few steps. Moved away from Miles' figure. I was numb and I felt like I was about to collapse. I felt sick to my stomach. "Y/n I've changed! I'm not that man anymore! And it's all because of you!" Now he was the one pleading. Still in his Miles way but dejected nonetheless. "That's why you kept coming back with injuries! That's why you were gone for days!" Suddenly, in my brain, all the pieces of the puzzle fell into place.  "I would never do anything like that again!" His words echoed through my skull. "How could you..." My voice broke and was almost a whisper. "No y/n please!" Miles tried to get through to me but I turned away from him.

My legs gave out and I sank to my knees crying. Everything we had been through I just questioned. I felt someone take me in their arms and hold me close. My mother tried to calm me down as best she could, but it was useless. She talked to me but I could hardly hear her words.

I cried bitterly, so disappointed I was. Disappointed by the man in whom I had fallen in love. Because yes I had.

I had fallen in love with the cold and untouchable Colonel Miles Quaritch unintentionally.

With my kidnapper.

꧁ ⸺ ꧂

//Hello hope the drama is not too cringe :/ (1092 words)//