Shock (Edited)

꧁ ⸺ ꧂

Blinded by the morning sunlight, I slowly woke up. My body already wanted to turn over and sleep further but then I remembered what I had in mind. Determined, I got up quietly and climbed out of my net. I looked around but everything was still quiet. My Mom lay closely at Kiri and Tuk and my 2 brothers in their nets. Only my father I could discover nowhere. I did not worry about it, grabbed my bow and scurried down into the forest.

...

When I was far enough away from home I didn't try to be quiet anymore and ran with quick steps through the undergrowth. I still knew the approximate direction in which the fight had taken place. My curiosity grew with every meter I came closer. And there! Through the treetops I could see a small column of smoke. I started to run so excited was I. 100 meters 50 meters. I was almost there. And then I was standing in front of a huge smoking pile of debris. One of the gray birds that fell from the sky. I had my bow cocked in front of my chest ready to shoot. Cautiously I walked towards it. I heard a crack and was startled, but there was nothing. Most of it was broken, but in the front, where I had shot yesterday, everything looked fine. I moved to the head of the pile and climbed onto the metal. (In front the cockpit the window was completely splintered) And then it hit me like a blow. Horrified, I backed away a bit. There lay a lifeless figure that looked exactly like me. Okay not exactly like me but pretty similar. Pink-beige skin color. No tail, a funny nose. And there was an arrow stuck in his chest. My arrow. My breath quickened and I panicked. How could this be? I thought I was the only one. I quickly slid off the cold metal. "Oh Eywa oh Eywa." Full of excitement, I paced back and forth. These are the sky people. The clan was right. Why didn't Dad tell me about this. I thought there was no one who looked like me, except my father once. I-I thought I was a Na'vi with, well, flaws. I need answers.

Suddenly I heard a painful groan. Crouched and with my arrow dangling, I ran in the direction it came from. Something was moving. As I got closer, I realized what it was. A badly injured sky man who tried to free himself from the debris. He noticed me and looked shocked himself. I tried to sniff his scent in the air and lowered my arrow. There was no danger from him. The sky man looked at me in confusion. I was getting too queasy about all this and turned to leave. "W-wait." The human spoke. With a soft squeak, I wheeled around. They're speaking my language! At least one of them. "H-how can you..breathe here?" I was confused and made no sound.

He pointed something angular at me. Suddenly a flash came out of there and I backed away. The weird thing was flashing red now. (The photo was sent just for understanding) Shit how long had I been gone? "Y/N!" Yelled a familiar voice. It was my father. I wheeled around and saw him coming running out of the woods. He had his bow with him and was aiming at the sky person. "No!" I shouted, but it was too late. He let go of the string and the arrow landed in the sky man's chest. The latter sank down dead. "What the hell are you doing here!" My father approached me menacingly. "I'm sorry, I just wanted to-" He interrupted me. "No I don't want to hear anything!" I started to cry. "You can't come here! It's too dangerous! These creatures are too dangerous!" "Why didn't you tell me there were others like me!" I said angrily now too. "I thought I was a Na'vi!" "Y/n stop it!" "No dad tell me what's going on!" He inhaled audibly.

"Jake did you find her?!" My mother came storming out of the forest with a few other warriors in tow. "What the-? Oh no..." She grew quieter as if she knew what had happened. "What's going on? Please." I said more calmly now while looking up at him with wide eyes. He wasn't looking at me but at my mom. She nodded sadly at him. Then he knelt down to me. "Listen y/n I-" He seemed to struggle. Tears were still rolling down my face. "Hm?"
"Y/n you're adopted. You're a sky person. I found you when you were almost a baby in the woods..." Stunned, I stood there. "Wh-what...? What are you saying?" He wanted to take my arm but I pulled him away. I understand nothing. "I'm sorry..." I tried to keep my emotional wall up. "I knew I wasn't one of you." I said with wide eyes. " No that's not true y/n." I looked at my mother who was now crying too. I didn't know what to say so I just stood there looking at the ground. "Please say something." My dad tried to take my arm again but this time I started to scream. My wall broke. The other warriors looked to the side, concerned. "HOW COULD YOU!" I screamed. I tried to fight back but my father held me down. I just screamed out of emotional pain.

"Let go of me!" I wanted to tear myself away and tried to run away but my dad pulled me to his chest. I had no choice, except to let him. I cried bitterly. "I'm sorry sweetheart." He whispered. My mother joined in and cried with me. "You will always be our daughter believe me. No matter what happens." He said sadly. For a long time we stood there like that.

...

We had arrived back home and the shock was still deep. On the way home I walked behind without saying a word. Again and again I was close to tears and anger. But I suppressed it. Arrived I ran directly to the nearest tree and disappeared. I heard my mother calling for me but was interrupted by my father. "Let her go." Actually, I wanted to run away completely, but I was afraid that my dad was keeping a close eye on me.

I had to collect myself now...

꧁ ⸺ ꧂

// man man man Drama I hope it was not too cringe <333 (1094 words)//