Flight (Edited)

(I've inserted the chapter above because I thought it fits. I mark (🎶) you the time from which you should start the video. But maybe it's just because I had seen a sad edit of him with the song haha)

꧁ ⸺ ꧂

My stomach was rumbling with hunger. Since I was kidnapped I didn't eat anything. I sat on my bed and looked out off the window. The sky turned orange in the evening sunlight. Beautiful.

I heard the door clack and a sky person entered the room. "Here's your food." This one said and placed it on the table. Some joy arose in me as I stood up and walked towards it. But that faded away in the next moment. My face was distorted. "What is that?" I asked disgusted. "Pasta." Hesitantly, I reached out my hand for it. "Not with your hand. God, here's a fork." "A what?" "A fork. With which you are supposed to eat this." Confused, I looked at the woman. She rolled her eyes and showed me how to do it. I copied her and tasted the human food. Disgusted, I spat it out. "That's disgusting." Annoyed as I was, I pushed it aside. "Well, that's all you're going to get. You better get used to it." I inhaled audibly and reluctantly started shoveling it into my mouth. I was really hungry and didn't want to spend another night with an empty stomach.

In the meantime the woman had disappeared and I lay curled up in my bed again,. I thought of my family that I missed so much. A tear ran down my face but I didn't lose hope. Soon I would be with them again. They are definitely looking for me. Hopefully...

After a while I fell asleep and dreamed of the forest and the beauty of Eywa.

...

I woke up by myself and sat down. For a moment I thought I was back in the forest, but reality was different. Somewhat dejected, I rubbed my eyes.

I heard the door open. This time it was Miles who came in. I noticed him eyeing me as I stared absently at the wall. "We're leaving." He suddenly ordered. "Where do we go?" I asked as I looked up to him. "You'll see soon enough." He replied coldly. Was he in a worse mood today?

He led me outside to a square. There were the familiar gray birds, it was loud and my sensitive ears hurt. I got a little scared, everywhere people were running around and pacing. I also discovered other avatars. The ones who were in the forest with me. I stopped and stared at them and my breath went a little faster. Quaritch noticed that I wasn't walking any further. "What? Go on." He said and pulled me along. I turned my head in all directions and saw the same thing everywhere.

"You get in there now and find a seat understand?" I looked up at him with a helpless expression on my face. "But-." "No! Go now!" I nodded and climbed onto the metal. Once inside I sat down on the floor and leaned against the cold wall. "Come on guys we're taking off now!" I heard Miles call until he appeared next to me in the bird. One moment later, I felt it take off from the ground and we rose into the air.

After a while of flying, Miles looked at me. I returned his eye contact and noticed again how striking his face was and how unnaturally yellow his eyes were. For a moment he seemed out of it until he looked away in annoyance. I wondered what was going on but said nothing. Actually, that should not interest me at all.

I dared a look through the hole in the bird and saw the forest. Enthusiastically I crawled closer to see it better. "Hey what a-." I quickly turned around thinking I had done something wrong. "Oh right." With a wave of his hand Miles let me know it was okay. I turned my gaze back outside and imagined how happy I would be at home now with my siblings and parents. Disappointed, I went back and leaned against the wall.

"How is your wound?" I suddenly heard him say kinda coldly. The other Avatars were sitting a little apart. I shrugged my shoulders. Then he leaned over to me and took my arm. This time I let it happen without resisting, I didn't know why either. He pulled the bandage aside and I braced myself for pain. But thank Eywa, I hardly felt it. He nodded. "It's healing."

Again time passed in which we just flew. "We're here Colonel." One of the avatars called out. He nodded and looked to me. "Hold on we're landing." I listened to his command and prepared myself. With a thump, the bird touched down on the ground. And suddenly I felt a ribbon being tied to my wrist. Confused, I looked at it. "There's a tracker built into it so if you take off, I'll find you in three minutes." Annoyed, I looked at Miles. "So get out."

My annoyance disappeared right as I got out of the bird. I was overwhelmed by the familiar feeling off the plants under my feet. I was overcome with laughter from joy. The first time I reconnected with Eywa and couldn't be happier.

-

"How can you be so happy about shrubbery?" The bald avatar asked the woman. She just shrugged and blew a bubble with her gum. "Maybe she really is a freak." Laughed a third. The others joined in. "Quiet!" The Colonel ordered sourly, and the others were silent not a moment later.

-

"Let's go!" I heard Quaritch shout. I turned and followed him. With guns strapped on, they all went ahead.

...

(🎶) "Here we are." Said one. "Search everything!" Ordered Miles. I saw that we were at a clearing. A square building, already completely overgrown with plants, stood on the other side. In the middle was a large pile of metal that I couldn't quite make out. I didn't know what we were doing here so I stood a bit apart and surveyed everything from here. "Colonel here... That was your machine."

At these words I became curious and walked a little closer. Miles brushed a few leaf's off of the metal and his name Quaritch came up. Why did it have his name on it? I was quite confused. He bent down and looked at the arrows stuck in the metal. I suddenly realized that they were my mother's arrows, but I didn't say anything. Now he took something out and looked at it seriously. It was a skull bone. I looked at him and saw that he looked quite sad. In that moment our eyes shortly met. Then he put on his usual face again and I heard a crash. He suddenly broke the head with his bare hand. I looked at him in horror. What's so special about that skull? "Here boss the video recording." The bald man handed him a device that played a video I couldn't see. You could hear sounds of fighting, a thump, and then silence. "That's all that comes after that." Miles nodded and put it away. Again I saw his sad face and I suddenly had the urge to comfort him and put my hand on his arm. Stop what are you thinking of? That man kidnapped you y/n he's evil. The thought flashed through my mind.

But was he so evil?

꧁ ⸺ ꧂

//Puh so slowly I just run out of ideas but I give my best haha. Hope you like it anyways. Tomorrow I will hopefully have inspiration again ☺️ (1249 words)/