CHAPTER 59

I lean back in my chair and close my eyes, I let out a loud sigh

It's the next day, after the incident and it doesn't feel fucking real. I know, I know she's alive, she has to be.

She left before I could even make it up to her.

I fucking love her so much, but she's gone.

I couldn't sleep last night, I kept dreaming about the fire. How hot it felt even when I was far away.

Nothing make sense anymore, I feel like someone ripped my heart out.

Her smile, her laugh, her joke's have become a memory. Knowing I will wake up without a text good morning, knowing we won't have conversations while laying in bed. Knowing we won't have our stupid book clubs every Wednesday night.

She's gone, not for today or tomorrow but forever.

The door lightly clicks open, I lift my head up and see Lucas and Jennie walk in.

Jennie and Lucas both look horrible, it reminds me that I wasn't the only one who lost someone.

I don't look that great either, my eyes feel tired and puffy. My hair and clothes are a mess, I haven't eaten since yesterday.

But seeing Jennie like this makes my heart clench. she's gonna cry herself sick. Her eyes are puffy and swollen, and she looks 10 shades paler.

She slumps down in a chair in front of me. Last night Lucas had to carry her to his car after she had a panic attack and fainted.

Lucas on the other hand, his eyes are blood shot red. No matter how much I try to help he's going down the dark rabbit hole of drugs again.

Now that he's out of high school he's parents keep bring up with engagement to Daniella March. He has no choice but to marry her, no matter what he does the marriage is set in stone. Their family has kept it quiet for now but it's only matter of time for word to spread out.

Their whole marriage is arranged there is no love, well except for Daniella. She's been in love with Lucas even knowing his heart belong to someone else.

But Rebecca's death was like a cherry on top. Lucas tends to hid his emotions, that's why he found drugs and illegal underground fighting. He would find any excuse not to talk about his feeling.

I hear a knock on my door, "come in," I say, making the person open the door.

"Here's the files sir," Smith says placing the file on my desk, Bowing and walking out the door closing it behind him.

This is why I asked Lucas and Jennie to come. We cracked the code that Rebecca found yesterday and I wanted to open it with them.

I grab my whisky bottle and pour each one of us a glass.