Enough is Enough

Ron showed up in the library not too long after Hermione had arrived. He sat at her table. She looked at him, then shot up off the seat, preparing to leave before he grabbed her hand and made her sit back down. "Hermione," he said.

She didn't look at him, but said, "I'm sure Lavender will get jealous if she sees you in here with me. Being your new girlfriend and all."

"Hermione, I didn't say yes to her. I told her no thanks."

"No thanks, maybe later," Hermione made herself a little joke.

"Uh, no! What is it with you two anyway?"

Hermione shook her head, not giving an answer.

"Well, whatever, you don't have to tell me. But I want to let you know something."

"What?" she asked, forcing herself not to cry.

He grabbed her hands. "Hermione, look at me."

She looked at him, her eyes getting red and puffy.

"Hermione Granger. I love you."

There was the shortest pause, then Hermione took his hands and slammed them on the table. "No!" she screamed, running out of the room.

Ron ran after her, chasing her down the hall. Hermione slowed down, but kept a fast pace; fast enough to make Ron jog a little. Hermione unknowingly passed Lavender and her group. They were huddled in a dark corner of the hall, right beside the doors that lead to the Great Hall.

"Ew! Look! It's Gross Granger!" one of them called out.

"More like Hermione the Gryffindor tart!" another one shouted.

Then Lavender spoke up. "Hermione Granger doesn't even deserve a man like Ron."

At these lines, Hermione stopped, looking at them confused. Ron caught up, and saw Hermione heading for the clique. He jogged some more so he could see what was going on.

Hermione stormed over to Lavender, who stood there, in front of her friends, arms cross, acting cocky, and slapped her across the face with all her might. She didn't stop to hesitate, either.

While Lavender gasped, and the other girls gathered around Lavender ("Lavender! Are you ok?" "Oh!" "Whoa!"), students leaving breakfast, stopped to watch the scene.

"Lavender Brown! You are a fowl, jealous, greedy, little witch! I am tired of you telling lies about me, and calling me dirty names! And if you as so much as even think about trying me, I will jinks you so bad, that you'll have to stay in the hospital wing for months! Do you understand me?"

Ron came over, and stood right beside Hermione. Everybody else that was watching stared at Lavender. "Ok," she mumbled, her face red from the slap.

"I think you owe her an apology," Ron said sternly.

She looked at them both with shame until she apologized barley above a whisper. "Sorry."

"C'mon," said some of the girls, and they scuttled off to save their selves from anymore embarrassment.

Ron looked down at Hermione, nodded, and started to walk away before Hermione softly called him back. "Ron?"

He stopped and turned around. "Yea?"

She ran over to him and flew into his arms. "I'm sorry. Terribly sorry."

Ron rested his head on her shoulder as she started to gently cry. He smoothly rubbed his hand on her back. "It's alright" he soothed her.