The Nerve of Her

Hermione was not looking forward to facing Ron. She was so afraid that she was just going to burst out crying in front of the whole classroom like a fool. So she tried her best to put it out of her mind. She bravely went down to breakfast. There, she sat, reading the Daily Prophet beside Harry who had asked, "Why did you brea-" And before he could finish, she sharpley cut him off, "Don't want to talk about it."

"Ok," he replied.

She had the paper in front of her face. But when she heard Harry mumble, "Hey, Ron," she looked up.

He cleared his throat and nodded in her direction, "Hermione."

She gave him a mean look. "Ron."

They all sat in silence while everyone else around them were chattering away.

"Hello, Ron."

They all looked up. It was Lavender.

Ron looked at her, then looked back down wishing she would go away.

She hit his arm. "Well, aren't you going to say hi?"

"Hi," he grumbled.

She made room for herself beside him. Hermione angrily held the paper back up to her eye level.

"Ron, will you be my boyfriend?"

This about did it for Hermione. She slammed the paper down, grabbed her book bag, and stormed off, heading aimlessly for the library. Lavender grinned an evil grin to herself.