Odd and New

Finally, they arrived at the other train station. Everyone started to get up (Fred and George never did come back). Ron dropped Hermione’s hand.

“I don’t want mum or dad finding out ‘bout this,” he said.

She grabbed his arm. “Well, why not?”

“Just because… they’d make a big deal out of it.”

“Fine. Then I guess we won’t let anyone at school find out then either.”

“Hermione, it’s just…”

“No, Ron. I don’t want to hear it.”

“Fine, give me your hand.” He grabbed her hand and kind of put it behind his back so if somebody was in front of them, they couldn’t really see it.

They got off the train and headed for Molly and Arthur who were standing a ways in front of them. All of a sudden, Ron felt someone grab his and Hermione’s hand. He turned around and it was Fred. He was holding them up so everyone around them could see that they were holding hands.

“Hey everybody!” he called out, “Look who’s finally getting together!”

Lemego!” Ron yelled. So Fred let go and high fived George.

Ron frowned at everyone around them who was staring. “What you lookin’ at?” he grimaced.

They reached their parents. “What was going on down there?” Arthur Weasley asked.

 “Ron and Hermione are in love,” the twins sang, making sure to hold out ‘love’.

“What?” Molly asked.

“Yea, that’s right,” George said, “Ronny’s got a girlfriend.”

“Who?” She and Arthur asked.

“Well, Hermione of course!” Fred popped in.

“Oh, well that’s wonderful, darling!” Molly cheered, messing up Ron’s hair and adding in a low voice, “I’ve always had my suspicions about you two,” and winked.  Ron winced from embarrassment.

Ginny, Harry, Fred, George, Ron, and Hermione squeezed in the back seat of Mr. Weasley’s flying car. Hermione and Ron still holding hands, Fred asked, “So, when did you two start being love birds?”

“Aw, man, I hope it wasn’t when we were gone!” George said.

“It was,” Ginny informed. “And plus they’ve always been love birds.”

“Thanks, Ginny,” Ron grumbled.

“Now you leave them alone. All of you!” Mrs. Weasley snapped.

Ron glimpsed at Hermione before she turned and looked at him with intent eyes. They smiled at each other.