Severus Snape: Potions Master

That night, Ginny Weasley had a peculiar dream. First, she was in a room by herself, and then Harry turned up from out of nowhere. Harry put his arms around her and looked into her eyes. Then they kissed. Then, Harry just disappeared.

Ginny told Hermione about this in the morning before breakfast. “What do you think it means?” she asked.

Hermione put on her jacket. “I dunno. Maybe it means that he’s the one you really like.”

Hermione left the room to leave Ginny looking in the mirror at her self, wondering if Hermione could be right.

                                                                *

Before long, the break had ended and they all were back on the train headed for Hogwarts.

“Man,” said Ron. “I bet you anything that Snape’s cooked up some kind of exam for us.”

“Oh Ron,” said Hermione. “Don’t be so negative.”

Severus Snape was head of Slytherin’s House.  He also taught Potions (even though everyone knew it was the Dark Arts he fancied). He had very pale, white skin with greasy black hair. He loved giving the students loads of homework and knocking points off for every other House besides his own. He hated Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, and Neville Longbottom the most, it seemed. Draco Malfoy was the one he favored.

The first day back from break, Peeves the poltergeist was already playing jokes on people. Poor Neville was a regular victim. Hermione shooed Peeves away from him one day after Peeves repeatedly tripped innocent Neville.

As for Potions, turns out it wasn’t an exam, but a mere test he had put together to ‘test their knowledge’. Hermione, of course, passed with flying colors, but Harry and Ron passed with some dull colors that obviously had broken wings, if you get my drift.