Shocked and Surprised

At 5 o’clock, she and Ron went up to the boys’ dormitory. Ron sat on his bed, and so did Hermione. There was luckily nobody else up there. If there were, they would be making a scene about the two being so close together.

He handed her the six page essay and she began to read. While she was reading, she felt as if Ron was looking her over.

In about three minutes, she finished. Turning to Ron, she congratulated him. “Wow. I’m impressed. You really out did yourself this time, Ronald.”

He thanked her and they sat there in peace for a short period of time until Ron broke the silence. Swallowing hard, he looked down at his feet. “Um…Hermione…um…well…do you think…because other people do, but do you think…” he choked.

“Go ahead, Ron. Spit it out,” Hermione said.

Nervously, he asked “Do you think we’ll ever be together…in the future?”

Shocked by this, Hermione bit her lip and turned away. “I, I really don’t have a clue,” she responded.

Ronald sniffed. “Oh,” was all he could say now that he made a complete fool of himself.

She felt bad for him. So, hoping to cheer him up, she added in, “Though I’m not putting anything to doubt.”

She could tell it made him feel better after he looked at her with a little smile.

They stared at each other for what was seconds, felt like minutes. Suddenly, Ron moved closer to her. Next thing Hermione knew, he held her chin gracefully. Tilting his head, he came in for a kiss.

As Hermione anxiously closed her eyes, she waited for his lips to reach hers.

Ron! Hermione! C’mon! Or we’re going to be late!” Ginny yelled from down the stairs in the common room. They had to leave for the Weasley’s. Ron and Hermione broke apart before their lips had a chance to meet. As Ron beamed at her, she chose to look away.

“Her…” Ron began to say, but was rudely cut off by Hermione.

“I think it’d be wise not to mention this to anyone,” she advised.

Getting up to hurriedly gather her things, she left a broken hearted Ron sitting there by himself.