The Burrow

Shortly after, they arrived at the Burrow. All eight of them slowly got out. They formed a line at the trunk to get their bags. When Hermione leaned over to get hers, Ron stepped in. “I’ll get them!” he joyfully said.

“Oh, um, thanks,” she said awkwardly. Ron is her first boyfriend, so naturally she felt a bit odd about it all.

In the house and at the top of the stairs, Ron passed his room. “Sorry, Ron,” Ginny sighed, “Hermione can’t stay in your room.”

“Shove it,” was Ron’s comeback.

They reached Ginny’s room, where Hermione would be rooming over the break. Ginny threw her bags on the bed then rushed down stairs to get a snack. Ronald put Hermione’s bags on the floor. “There ya go,” he said.

“Thanks, Ron.”

“You’re welcome.”

He walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her. He leaned in to give her a small kiss when he stopped short.

“So, you wanna go stun some gnomes? What about going right down the hall to my room?” he asked and winked.

Hermione shook her head and laughed. She playfully hit Ron in the forehead with her hand. “Ron, don’t be so immature.”

“Hey!” he said, and went to hit her back. She jumped out of the way, and rushed out the door down the stairs. Ron chased after her.

Like Hippogriffs galloping down the stairs, Ron was still trying to catch up with Hermione as she hurried through the kitchen. Ron jumped off the third to last stair, skipping the last bottom two and he went through the kitchen also.

Laughing, Hermione threw open the front door and ran outside to the warm evening. Ron right behind her, after slamming the door shut. They were in the grassy, vast front yard that eventually turned into a field. Now that they were out of the house, Ron could catch up with her easily. So, running right behind her, he grabbed for her waist and started to tumble to the ground. He twisted so that he would fall before Hermione. Which, he did, and Hermione fell lightly on top of him.

Laughing and having a good time, Hermione got up and then helped Ron off the ground. With a hard yank, she pulled him to his feet and he almost toppled her again, but he caught his self. This time, he pulled Hermione close, and they shared a kiss. He gave her a hug after this. “C’mon,” he said. “You hungry?”

“A little,” she said. So, taking her hand, he led her back to the house and made (with the help of Hermione) them both a snack. This was so odd to both of them, but yet felt so right at the same time. They had been friends since first year. Best friends, but have always liked each other inside. Together they were just natural.

After a little while of listening to a Chudley Canons Quidditch game on the radio, Ron turned to look at Hermione. She looked back at him. “What?” she asked with a smile.