Missing classes is a first

“Hermione!” Ginny shouted impatiently. Since she was up until at least 3 o’clock in the morning thinking and what not, she went to sleep late and so…she slept a little later. Actually, a lot later.

            Finally, after minutes of vigorous shaking, and shouting, Hermione decided to open her eyes.

            “Wha…?” she slurred in a daze.

            “Get up!” Ginny cried. “You’ve missed four of your classes already!” Hearing that, she jolted out of bed, causing Ginny to jump back. The exhausted Weasley sighed and left Hermione (who wasn’t quite awake yet, and was still pretty sleepy) to get ready.

            Being it lunch, Granger met her friends at the Gryffindor table in the Great Hall. As soon as she sat down (across from Ron) she lay her head down on the table, with her arms making an enclosed darkness around her face.

            Ron leaned over to Harry and whispered, “Is she crying?”

            Harry shrugged. “I dunno.”

            Ron spoke up. “Hermione…are you alright?”

She nodded tiredly.

            “You should probably eat something, Hermione,” suggested Neville Longbottom (he lives with his strict gran back at home. He’s a plump boy, always prone to accidents and mishaps).

            She lifted her head up and barely spoke loud enough for him to hear.

 “Oh, no thanks. I’m just so upset about missing my classes.”

            He nodded and went back to eating his meal.

            Trying to cheer her up, Ron simply told her, “Look, Hermione. It’s not that big of a deal.”

            She gave him a questionable look. “Do you know what that can do to my attendance? Or even worse, grade?” She topped it off with a snotish tone.

            Ron gently put his hands on Hermione’s. “You’re the smartest girl in our year. It won’t do anything to your grade,” he encouraged. Then added, “I’m not promising anything about your attendance though.” That made Hermione laugh, and in the way back of her mind, she had a feeling things might change between them.