Kiss me like you wanna be loved

After grabbing their luggage, they met the others down in the Great Hall where everybody was getting ready to head out.

“What were you two doing up there?” a curious Fred Weasley asked.

“Yeah, or do we want to know?” chimed in twin, George Weasley.

Hermione gave them a disgusted look. “I was helping Ronald with his report,” she sneered.

The two got the picture to back off, so they did. “We should be leaving for the train station here any minute now,” said Ginny.

Pretty soon, everyone who was leaving for the break all traveled to the train station. They all piled on at the same time. Hermione didn’t even know if they would get their own corridor. She was secretly hoping to get a seat by Ronald.

Soon enough, they found an empty one. The Weasley’s all rushed in. It was a tight fit- Harry, Ron, Fred, George, and Ginny all on one side. Hermione was standing up with a look of ‘where-to-sit?’ on her face. Everyone looked at each other strangely, then Ginny, Fred and George jumped up and moved to the other side. They thought they might have to share a corridor with other people, but theirs was simply too crowded. Hermione was still standing up. She didn’t know where to sit: by Ginny, or by Ron. Really, she wanted to sit by both, but was having trouble deciding.

“There’s three over here, and only two over there, so you need to sit over there…to make it even,” shouted Ginny. Hermione turned to look at Ron, who gave her an ‘I-don’t-care-if-you-sit-by-me-or-not-even-though-I-really-want-you-to-deep-down-inside’ look. She bit her lip. “Um…”

“Ronald wants you to sit by him. Don’t you, Ronald?” the two twins laughed. She looked over at Harry who was by the window.

“Harry,” Hermione asked politely, “do you mind if I sit by you?”

Harry looked up. “Sure, not at all.” He scooted over so Hermione could sit by the window.

“Thanks,” she mumbled. She looked over at Ginny who was making faces of ‘how-come-you-didn’t-sit-next-to-Ron-you-idiot?’ so Hermione leaned over to see Ron kind of sad looking. It bugged her, but she forced herself to forget about it.

About ten silent minutes later, Harry got up and stretched. “I’m goin’ to the bathroom,” and he left. Ron looked over at Hermione and Hermione looked over at Ron. Their eyes met, but Hermione turned her head, flinging her hair in the process. Ron miserably slouched down and looked at the floor.

“Well, we’re going to go talk to some of our friends-since we actually have some,” said the twins together. “How?” was Ron’s response. They both told him to shut up and then they left.

It was just Ron, Hermione, and Ginny. Ginny hoped up. “And I’m going to go get something off the trolley.” She moved to the door and motioned for Hermione to scoot closer to Ron. Hermione ignored her, so Ginny left.

It was quiet. “Um…I don’t like it by the door. I’m getting a cold breeze. It’s to loud out there anyways,” said Ron. He got up and moved next to Hermione. “I’m sure Harry won’t mind if I take his spot.”

Hermione put her hands down on the booth-like bench they were sitting on. Acting like he didn’t know her hands were there, his ‘accidentally’ landed on Hermione’s. He looked down. “Oh, sorry,” he said. His hands were warm on Hermione’s cold ones.

“Are…are you mad at me? Because of earlier? I know I shouldn’t have tried to kiss you, because I know that you don’t like me or anything. Yeah…I’m…I’m sorry ‘bout that,” he said. It made Hermione feel so bad. And stupid.

She looked at him for a second, then back out the window. “No, Ron. I’m not mad. I just feel…stupid.”

“Stupid? Why?” he whispered.

“Because…I don’t know.”

“Oh,” he began, “well, you shouldn’t feel stupid about anything. I’m the one who should feel stupid.”

“No, Ron, you shouldn’t. There’s nothing to feel dumb about. It’s ok what you did. Just…”

“Just what?” he cut in after she paused.

“Just…warn me next time when you’re going to do something like that.”

Ron was kind of surprised by her answer. “Ok,” he said. There was a moment of peace to let the conversation sink in.

Ron looked at Hermione. “Hermione,” he said, “I’m…I’m going to kiss you right now.”

Hermione spun her head to look at him. She looked at Ron’s innocent eyes. She nodded. “Ok.”