After All This Time?

Ron was the first to lean in, and then Hermione did. This time she knew they would actually go through with it. In an instant, she felt his lips touch hers. It was gentle and short. The perfect kiss. Ron leaned back over, while Hermione just kind of lingered her head a bit before returning back to her spot. There was a very tiny pause before Ron said, “Hermione, I want you to be my girlfriend.”

She looked at him and laughed nervously. “Ron, we’ve been friends for so long and after all this time…why now?”

He shrugged. “Just the right time now I suppose.”

“I do have to admit I’ve always felt a connection with you.”

He smiled warmly. “So you accept?”

She chuckled again. “Yes, Ron. Yes, I do.”

When Ginny and Harry returned suspiciously at the same time, they sat across from the two. After a few seconds, Ginny finally realized that the two were holding hands. She shrieked. “Aah! You guys are finally going out? How cute! Did you guys kiss?” They both turned red with embarrassment.

“Go Ron!” Harry chanted. Ron kicked him in the shin. “Ow!” Harry spat.

“I’ll tell you later, Ginny,” Hermione said.

“I tell you later,” Ron said to Harry through gritted teeth.

“Don’t they just look so cute together?” Ginny asked Harry.

“Yep.” And Harry laughed.