Lav-Lav

And it didn't get any better. The next few weeks, Lavender kept acting like this. And Hermione was not enjoying it. Hermione could feel rumors flying around behind her back. It made her feel stressed, sad, mad, and hurt. So, to try and hide this sadness, she put anger out instead.

"Ha ha! Didn't you guys think it was so funny that Lav-Lav got in trouble in Professor Flitwick's class?" Hermione laughed in front of Ron and Harry as they traveled back to Gryffindor's common room from the Great Hall.

Ron stopped. "Who's 'Lav-Lav'?" he asked.

"Oh, Lavender Brown of course. That's my nickname for her," she spoke as she kept walking.

"What do you two have against each other?" Harry asked.

Hermione cleared her throat. "Um, nothing."

They got to the common room. There, Ron collapsed in the big red arm chair. "Ugh," he groaned. "I'm exhausted."

Hermione smiled and gently landed on his lap, wrapping her arms around his neck. They started to playfully kiss each other. Then, the common room door swung open. Hermione could tell right away by the stupid giggles made by her and her troop of mean girls that it was Lavender. Suddenly, the urge to make her so mad, came over Hermione just as quick as she made it happen.

Hermione quit the playful kisses, and violently darted her tongue in Ron's mouth so quick, he didn't know how to react. Hermione could hear the giggling stop quickly. Then, as fast as it happened, Ron made a helpless noise and Hermione felt his teeth bite down on her tongue. She yelped and they broke apart. Hermione jumped up, put her hand to her mouth in pain and looked at Ron with the expression of 'how could you?'

"Hah! He bit her!"

Hermione was totally bewildered (just as much as Ron) as to what happened, she completely forgot about impressing Lav-Lav. It was Lavender who had shouted that he bit her. Hermione felt herself go red as they all started to burst out in laughter. Even Harry started to snigger. But worse, so did Ron.

"Ugh!" was all you could hear Hermione say before:

Slap!

She had slapped Ron across the face. She shot Ron a dirty look before she stormed out of the room and past Lavender, bumping shoulders (on purpose) and out of the common room. Ron couldn't believe she slapped him.

Before any one had a chance to catch up, she ran to the girls' bathroom that nobody used because of Moaning Myrtle, the ghost. She went in a stall, and locked the door. There, she put her head in her hands and started to shed a few tears.

Why? She thought. I mean, why is this happening to me? I get the guy. The guy that she wants. Then, she's calling me all these names, and telling lies about me. I can't take this any longer! This has to stop! Ginny's also mad at me. I've never been pressured like this before. I don't know if I can take it much longer. All this for a guy? It's ridiculous! And now my tongue hurts!