Chapter 1

Jennie's POV

How can my life turns out like this? When did the last time I felt mother's warm embrace towards me everytime I'm scared? I miss those times she kissed my forehead and sing me a lullaby.

I am Jennie Kim, 17 years of age and living miserably with my oh so called step-father Kwon Ji-yong. I didn't want to stay with him but I'm still a minor and couldn't move out on my own will. My situation as of the moment is complicated- I'm living in abusive environment where my demon step father would abuse me physically by slapping me or sometimes beat me. I wanted to fight back but for sure he will be furious and worst he will let me sleep outside. I wouldn't want to experience that again.

About my step father, he used to be nice......when my mother was still alive. He was the ideal father any kid would wish for- kind, bubbly and loving. Not until my mother died because of an illness 2 years ago. It change everything. At the first two months, he was still being considerate of me but it slowly change as time goes by. He get home smell like garbage because of the reeking alcohol that stick on his shirt. I'm still 15 that time so I thought he was like that knowing he lost my mother but it wasn't because of that reason, he started hurting me. I receive multiple slaps from him everytime I make a mistake or if he gets home and there's no food.

How would a 15 year old girl provide money? When I'm barely making it through my secondary education without any help from him. It didn't stop from those beatings, he didn't allow me to go to school anymore right after I graduated highschool and I was a crying mess telling him that I'll run away. But I failed. I'm still stuck with him.

Then when I turned 16, he didn't want me to celebrate it and lock me in my room the whole day. I can't even go outside for too long not unless he told me to buy him cigarettes and beers. I feel like a prisoner in my own home- is it still home? When I can't even feel the love. I tried to tell the authorities about my situation but at the end they'll return me to the devil as he feed them lies saying I ran away and I was a bad kid.

I'm now 17 and didn't complain about everything bad happened because I'm still young not until lately I found out that our house was being sold to a loan shark, I confront him.

"What the hell? Why is my mom's house sold?!?" I shout at him.

He slap me that made me fall down the floor.

"Hey young woman! Watch your mouth! I can do whatever I want to your mom's belongings beside, I am your stepfather!"

"Yeah! Stepfather! Means you don't have the right!"

He grab my hair "Fuck you! I provide everything for you!"

"I don't need anything from you!"

He chuckled "Oh really. Okay, you wish for that!"

I was shock of what he said, I don't know if I should be glad or get nervous.

Suddenly there are loud knocks on the door, I look at him and he was pacing back and forth.

"Fuck!" he cursed loudly.

He went to open the door only to be met by a kick through his stomach. His body fall on the floor with a loud thud that made me startled. Then three men in black suits went in with a smug smile on their lips, I tremble in fear.

"Hello, Ji-yong. Its been a while, where's the money" one of the guys spoke.

"S-Sorry but I lost in a play.."

My brows furrowed. Play?

"Shit that's too bad. The boss wants your payment now. You owe him a huge amount of money because of gambling too much"

Now I know why he sold the house! Fuck him!

He kneeled infront of the man "P-Please g-give me a week"

The guy punch him across the face "Are you stupid? I said the boss wants the payment now!!"

"B-But I don't have money"

The three guys look at each other then chuckled.

"Do we look like we care? Huh?"

My stepfather look down on the floor, the three mock him with a grin. One of them turn his attention towards me and it's frightening.

"Look this old geezer has a daughter"

"S-She's not my daughter"

I shot my attention to him about what he said, after all this time he never considered me as his own? Fuck!

"Hmmmm she can serve as a collateral ....for now. But we will come back for you and get the money"

"N-No!" I stuttered.

One of them grab my arm and I fight back, he didn't budge on what I did. Instead he grip my arm tighter and start to drag me outside, I was collecting all the strength left in me and would beat this shithead but he was stronger.

"Please don't let them take me! I beg you!" I look at my stepfather.

But I was taken aback when he smirk. I saw him mouthed "this is what you wish for"

I stared at him with hatred, they successfully drag me inside the car without me protesting. There's no use anymore to beg or plead, this is some kind of bullshit. To be honest, I'm really scared. What will they do to me?

I look at myself. I'm pitiful to be stared at because of this old clothing I wore, shoes that I bought a year ago and I don't even have any beauty products to use. All in all, I'm a loser with nothing to brag.