Chapter 10

A day had passed since Aurora returned home. You have no idea how happy her parents were, but also how relieved the police were when they had seen her back alive. Of course, Aurora had an interview with the police so they could track down the perpetrators. What she can still remember was that the van car was white and she told all about how she was kidnapped, how they stole her backpack, how they broke her cell phone and how she was rescued by wolves. The last part about the wolves, the police could hardly believe, but they did get reports about other victims and how they were rescued by wolves as well. Aurora reminded herself. First the shooting incident and now that? She believed in her heart that it must be the big brown wolf that had saved her from the perpetrator.

Only ... who exactly was the wolf? She felt it was a wolf-shifter who had saved her. Only, if it was a wolf-shifter, who was it behind the form of the big brown wolf and his teammates? Aurora would like to find out, but how?

After she was finally alone in her bedroom, she sat on her bed, checking her social media until her cell phone made a ping sound. She got a message. After she opened it, it was from Lori.

Lori: OMG, Aurora! Are you okay? I got a message from the school principal that you were kidnapped!

Aurora was startled by that message and quickly sent a reply.

Aurora: Yes, I'm okay! Wait, does the whole school know?

Lori: Yes! The principal asked us to be careful of a white van that kidnapped you and the school was planning to look for you in the woods until we luckily got a notification that you had been found.

Aurora then answered nothing and put her cell phone next to her on the bed. She thought in shock. She grabbed her laptop and looked through the website of the school where she had her school account. She clicked on the messages and read the principal's notification. Indeed. The principal sent a message to all the students that she had been kidnapped a few hours ago while on her way home and the other notification said that she had been found and everything was fine with her. The principal even warned all students to be careful of white vans that kidnapped Aurora.

Aurora sighed and closed her laptop and fell onto her back on her bed. She was glad she was okay thanks to the wolves, but the eyes of the big brown wolf did not leave her mind. Was that Aspen? She had to know, but she didn't even know his phone number and she couldn't even just ask him. She had to come up with a plan.

*

After some thinking, Aurora had a plan. Tomorrow was Friday and then the weekend. She heard from Lori how she saw Aspen going to the woods with his backpack. He often did that, but no one knew exactly why. Aspen did this secretly and he was good at it. Aurora formed all the steps in her mind and went to sleep for the night. Her parents had decided they should have a day off tomorrow anyway because of what had happened.

Hopefully, the police would find her backpack while she was using her other cell phone she still had. That's how she got a message from Lori. She has to use that cell phone until she gets a new one from her parents one day.