Chapter 6

Aurora was led outside by the police officer who supported her. Aurora was not cold, but due to a lot of fright, she needed some comfort now, so she chose to choose a blanket for warmth. Outside, the clouds were gray, unfortunately hiding the beautiful blue sky. Aurora did not cry but she was always afraid for her life and what would happen if the culprit found her in the stable where she was hiding. She could not forget the growl in her mind and that growl was quite familiar to her. It was obvious to her that she was being rescued in time, not by a human. The perpetrator shot himself in the head with a bullet. Aurora knew it because she came out of the stable much later and saw the culprit lying dead in his blood. The culprit was an old man.

When Aurora came out of the stable, she ran to her class full of fear and knocked quickly saying, "It's me! Aurora!"

When the door opened, she immediately said the culprit was dead. She did get questioning looks from everyone, including even the teacher, so as proof, she and the teacher went to the ladies' bathroom and showed it, also explaining that she was hiding in the stable and heard how the culprit pleaded with an unknown wild animal. Aurora saw from the look how hard the teacher had to believe that a wild animal had saved her. Never before had there been reports around about anyone seeing or hearing about a wild animal here at school. Aurora was the first.

After Aurora was outside, there stood her parents with very concerned looks on their faces. "Mommy! Daddy!"

The police immediately released Aurora and the girl immediately ran to her parents. Her parents also quickly ran to their daughter and were so grateful that they held their daughter alive in their arms. "We were so worried about you," said Carly, Aurora's mother.

"Yes, when we got the call from the police about the shooting incident, we immediately drove to your school," replied Bill, Aurora's father.

Aurora wanted to stay in the arms of her parents forever, especially after this shooting incident at her school. She thought she would never experience such an event, but apparently, it had happened anyway. Aurora loved feeling their warmth and love, but that was subverted when the same police officer walked up to them. When the family looked at the officer, they saw that she had a serious look. It was a woman."My apologies for disturbing you, but I need to discuss with your daughter."

Most parents would protest and/or ask why their child should be discussed by the police officer, but Aurora's parents understood that it was time for the living victims to be discussed. Her parents were protective of their daughter though, even if there were arguments like the one between Aurora and Carly.

Aurora looked at her parents, who nodded at her and gently pushed her toward the police officer. She looked at the officer. "Follow me." That was only what the female officer said.

Aurora said nothing and followed her, still carrying a blanket around. She held the blanket hard so it didn't fall, but she also felt nervous. She was never spoken to by a cop. Yes, she did get a visit from a cop who taught her about drug use and accidents. The agent opened the door of an empty classroom and held it open for Aurora.

What a gentlewoman, Aurora thought in her mind.

She went inside and took a seat in the front row and was near her. The agent grabbed a chair and sat down in front of the bench where Aurora was sitting. There was silence at first until the agent spoke. "Hello, Aurora. I want to apologize first if I scared you, but it is important that I speak with you."

Aurora only nodded.

The agent spoke further. "As you can see, I work for the police. We've already spoken to a few live victims, but when I heard your story from your science teacher, I decided to speak with you." She then leaned forward a bit toward Aurora but the woman made sure to keep some distance. "Tell me everything. I'd like to hear from you."

Aurora sighed it out. She first collected everything in her head before she began to speak. "I had forgotten my science book so I went to my locker to pick it up and while I was on my way, there was a lockdown. It was dark but then I heard it: the screams of the others and bullets. The ladies' bathroom was nearby, so I hid in the 3rd stall. Some bullets went off there a bit but when it was quiet, the perp came in and I almost let something out of my mouth until the perp started pleading. And then I heard a growl and the last bullet went off. I came out later and saw the perp shoot himself."

The agent became interested in Aurora's last detail. "And how do you know that he shot himself?"

"Because if I heard more bullets, it would go off differently."

The agent nodded and stood up. Was that all? As Aurora followed her, the agent spoke again. "I didn't believe you and your teacher about the growling and about the wild animal that saved you, but we found a piece of hair that appeared to be from a wolf." The agent nodded to Aurora. "Pretty impressive. Go back to your parents."