Chapter 2

The early next morning, Aurora was awakened by a shaking on her shoulder. It was her mother, Carly. "Wake up, honey," said Carly, who had her clothes on to go to work. Just as Aurora thought of being alone with her daddy, the daughter was again disappointed. "Get up. Your daddy is at work and I'm taking you to school. Here." Carly set a plate down on Aurora's night table. "I'm waiting downstairs." That was what Carly said for the last time before going downstairs.

Aurora yawned before she sat up and grabbed the plate from her night table. It was plain white bread with bacon in it. The girl didn't hesitate before she started eating. She groaned. It was delicious in her mouth.

*

Aurora walked downstairs with the plate in her hand. She had all her clothes on and was actually unprepared for her day. She wanted nothing more than a nice stay in her bed. She never in her life skipped school to stay in bed. But what she did do was pretend to be sick. She was a good actress and her parents held on a lot of times.

Aurora entered the kitchen and carefully set the plate down on the sink. She saw her book bag sitting on the kitchen table. It had probably prepared Carly, her mother, or Bill, her father. She grabbed her backpack and quickly went outside. She locked the door and went to her mother's car. One question. How did the car end up here? First, the car was at their previous home and now it is here. Aurora ignored the question in her head and first put her book bag in the luggage before sitting next to her mother. After everything was arranged, such as the seat belts, Carly began to drive.

*

During the ride to the school thronged by her mother, Aurora saw something strange. They were exactly prepubescent figures and were walking so exactly nearby next to the car in the woods. Or was Aurora not well today on her first day of school?

Aurora stopped in front of the door where above 'Secretariat' stood tall. She did not hesitate before going inside and the office was not very large. There was a large desk with plenty of cabinets. Aurora also saw that there were two people at the desk, both women.

"Can I help you?" one of the women called out.

Aurora soon woke up. "Oh! Sorry, I came here for my school stuff. I'm new here. My name is Aurora."

"We've been expecting you, Aurora." The woman stood up. "Wait here."

Aurora watched the woman go through the cabinets, looking for the textbooks for her. Even though Aurora has a last name, Aurora Forest, she preferred not to use her last name. She looked again through the window where Forest greeted her. She couldn't help but ask herself what had happened while she was on her way to school. She managed to see that they were four-legged, but since her mother was driving too fast, she couldn't see anything else.

"Here."

Aurora was startled awake again after the woman came back with a stack of books from her plus a paper at the very top. What was that? It was the subjects she had with classrooms on them and who was giving her the lessons.

Aurora carefully picked up the books with the paper and thanked the woman before leaving the office. She was curious to see how her day would go. Hopefully good.