Chapter 4

The next day, Aurora went to school like yesterday with some modified clothing style this time. She was not a fan of jeans, so she wore black jogging pants with a gray sweater she found in her closet. The house was not quite finished but it was already looking good step by step. Her parents were now taking a day off to paint walls while their daughter was at school. Aurora didn't talk at all about the slime incident she experienced at school. But she did wonder why Mina used fake slime instead of real ones she saw in some movies about schools.

Aurora walked inside the school and she was immediately startled when a familiar girl grabbed her arm. It was Lori. "Hello, Aurora!"

Aurora smiled at her. "Hi, Lori."

They then began talking to each other. Aurora felt glad in her heart that she had found someone in her life to befriend since her move. She was the only child in her family, so it meant she had no siblings. At first, Aurora wished she had a sibling but she felt grateful to have none in the future, but such things could happen. She found out more from Lori. The girl lived with a single mother who worked. Lori didn't mind if her mother wasn't around because Lori's mother did her best to take care of her child. Lori also did have a brother and two sisters, which meant Lori was the oldest in the family. Lori and her sister lived with their mother while her other sister and brother lived with their father. Wow, what a family, Aurora thought in her head.

After the girls kept walking and talking, they turned the corner but Aurora accidentally bumped into Mina. That was not a good sign.

Mina rolled her eyes and looked angrily at Aurora, who looked confused but also even scared. "Look who we have here. The loser is back!" She then burst out laughing along with her minions who followed her.

But Lori looked angry and defiantly at Mina. "Stop it, Mina!"

The bully looked defiantly at Lori back. "Oh, yeah? You want to fight?"

Aurora felt angry then. She felt that being afraid was not an option, so she chose the option of getting angry. Lori is her first friend from this town and school and she absolutely does not want to lose her. She quickly went to stand in front of Lori. "No, Mina! Leave her alone!"

Mina was nearby to give Aurora a slap on the face until someone grabbed her wrist. All the girls looked in shock while Mina did not appear to be afraid. Why? Aurora looked slowly and the hand that had Mina's wrist turned out to be a big strong hand. She followed slowly from hand to arm until finally to the face. The boy is Korean and a handsome Korean. He was the handsomest Aurora had ever seen. The boy saved Aurora!

"Leave them alone, Mina." The Korean's voice was stern but also forceful, as if he was in charge.

Mina looked on flirtatiously. "Or else what? Are you going to kiss me?"

Aurora and Lori rolled their eyes. It was obvious that Mina was flirting to get out of the situation, but perhaps she was actually making it worse because when Aurora looked at Mina's minions, they looked rather frightened. Did the Korean do something to scare them?

The Korean seemed rather uninterested in Mina and growled at her. That surprised Aurora while Lori grinned at it. Why even?

This time, though, Mina looked scared. To Aurora's ears, this did not appear to be a normal growl from a human but from a wild animal. Lori hadn't noticed that this growl was different from a human's. Lori thought it was cooler how a Korean scared Mina.

Without a word, the Korean released Mina and everyone watched Mina leave along with her minions. After the bullies were gone, the Korean looked coldly at Aurora, which surprised her. She hadn't done anything wrong to him, had she? She was seeing him for the first time! The Korean said nothing further and walked away. Aurora and Lori watched him go by his group and Korean turned the corner along with his group. It seemed he was the boss of his group. Aurora couldn't help but be impressed. He saved her.

Aurora and Lori looked at each other and both said at the same time, "Are you okay?"

When they realized it, they both giggled with laughter and when that was over, Aurora looked at the road where the Korean was gone. She wondered who that was. What's his name? Lori read her mind and grinned. "That boy/Korean who saved you is Aspen. He's the leader of the Wolf Boys, as they call themselves. If I were you I wouldn't cause any trouble."

Aurora took all that information into her head. His name is Aspen... What a beautiful name, Aurora thought in her mind with a smile. She will remember it forever. She looked at Lori, who looked serious. Aurora's smile disappeared immediately. "Why?"

Lori crossed her arms. "The Wolf Boys may seem normal at first but they are protective of each other, so all members of the group. But try to cause a problem and then you are sure to have serious problems with the group, especially the leader."

Aurora was surprised. So they seem normal, but they are a group not to mess with. Don't mess around with the group. Aurora felt more interested in the group. How many members were there? She had forgotten. She looked back at Lori. "What do you know about Aspen?"

Lori shrugged since she didn't know much. "I only know his name is Aspen and that he is the leader of the Wolf Boys."

Aurora sensed Lori was hiding something so she opened her mouth but Lori answered, as if she could read her mind. "Aspen has a hard time with new students, so that's why he looked coldly at you. I've been here longer than him and he saved me once already from Mina when she was nearby to dye my hair, but Aspen came to help me when he heard me screaming from the ladies' bathroom. And that's why I help Aspen with his homework when he has problems."

Aurora couldn't believe her ears. She was 18 and only new here in her final times in high school before she would graduate. She was planning not to go to college since it cost a lot of money.

Then the bell rang and Lori put her arm around Aurora's shoulders and smiled. "Come, let's go to class."