Chapter 7

A week had passed since the shooting incident. The students will never forget such an event at their school. Lori will not forget it, but neither will Aurora. The girl felt a little better and prepared to go to school. After the shooting incident, the principal announced to the school that the building would be on lockdown for a week to, for example, clean up everything, clean things and so the police could investigate further. During the lockdown, Aurora was trying to calm her parents, who were deadly anxious about their daughter's safety. But that was near when the lockdown was almost over. Aurora managed to convince her parents to continue school. In reality, Aurora found school tedious, but the female police officer's words did not disappear from her mind. A piece of hair had been found from a wolf. So a wolf saved her. She immediately wanted to know who that was, since she believed in the legend of shapeshifters of a wolf, but a shapeshifter can turn into any animal they want.

Aurora must have the one book that was in the library at her school. There she was sure to find answers to her question. She felt like she lived in Twilight, but that wasn't about vampires. It was about wolves. The school where she would graduate from high school was near the wilderness in the woods. Would wolves live there?

*

"Where are we going?" asked Lori as she followed Aurora.

"Library."

Lori got curious. "What book are you looking for there?"

Aurora just smiled at her and said, "You'll soon see."

Lori said nothing further and walked beside Aurora toward the library. Aurora didn't get a tour when she got here, but Lori was kind enough to give a tour on the 2nd day of her school to Aurora, who always couldn't find some directions here at school. How good that she had Lori. The girls enter the library and then Aurora bumps into a hard body. She made a noise and looked up slowly. Then she realized she was smaller than the body she bumped into. Her head came up to its chest. After she looked at the face, she realized in surprise and shock that it was Aspen! She looked deep into his blue eyes and now that she was in front of him, Aurora quickly took in everything about him in her mind. He is Korean and when she looks at his face, he looked tremendously like a K-pop idol. The girl doesn't think it was plastic surgery like most Koreans undergo if they want to. Aurora was not an expert at K-pop, but idols have to go under the knife to look at everything beautiful for their fans and for their bosses. Why do you think all the idols looked good in the photos? Did you ever find pictures of how they really looked before they went under the knife?

Aurora's eyes opened wide and stuttered. "Aspen! I- 'Im sorry-"

"How do you know my name?" Aspen interrupted her in a stern and forceful voice. He always spoke with a Korean accent. He crossed his muscular arms over him since he wore a T-shirt so Aurora saw his muscles.

Aurora was lost for a moment on what to say. He was just handsome, but it was his blue eyes that grabbed her attention. As most English say, Aurora's guts said that there was something different about Aspen. But what? She longed to know. Before Aurora could say anything, it was Lori who spoke up. "Hi, Aspen! I and Aurora are going to the library! What were you doing there?" Lori put her arm around Aurora's shoulders.

Aspen looked blankly at Lori. "I was just looking around." His blue eyes followed those behind the girls and he saw his group waiting for him. The girls just thought he was looking around. Aspen made eye contact with the girls. "I have to go." That was when he deliberately bumped his shoulder into Aurora's and she got angry.

The girl followed how he went to his group and Aurora did not look at his group as she always reminded herself to answer her questions. But she said something that angered Aspen. "Hey, Aspen!" she started yelling at him, but she saw that he didn't stop, but then she said, "Baboya!"

Aspen stopped where he was standing now and that didn't even make Aurora nervous, but it did Lori, who secretly knew what it meant. The word "baboya" means 'dummy' in Korean. Aspen learned Korean thanks to his parents, so he understood Korean well.

Aurora said angrier, "Baboya Aspen!"

Aspen turned his head over his shoulder to look at Aurora and the girls saw that he had an angry look on his face. That then made Aurora nervous. Aspen is the wrong person to make him angry.

Aspen stepped toward Aurora and she took steps backward until she made contact with the wall behind her. She looked nervous when Aspen trapped her with one arm and hand just above her head. Lori said nothing and watched the two nervously. Aurora felt more nervous and watched Aspen lean down to her ear. "I think you are the dummy here, my baboya," he whispered in a husky voice in her ear.

Aurora blushed hard. Never before had she been so addressed by someone, and she watched him leave with a smirk on his face.