Chapter 12

For a moment, there was silence around the world of Aurora, Aspen, and the boy holding Aurora. No one knows what to say-that Aurora caught the boys while they caught Aurora spying. After some final silence, Aspen spoke angrily to her. "What are you doing here?"

Aurora sighed and was silent for a while. She looked down in front of it, but then she looked directionally into Aspen's eyes and then explained her whole story. She relaxed in the boy's grip as she told her story to Aspen. The boy listened in as well. Aurora began to say that since she was rescued by Aspen and the other wolves, she needed to know if Aspen was really a wolf-shifter like the group she saw at school. But she really wanted to know just to be sure: "Are you really a wolf-shifter?"

Aspen sighed and looked at the boy who was holding Aurora, and nodded to him to let go of her while his arms were crossed. The boy released the girl and she looked at him over her shoulder. It was another Korean and he was a tiny bit smaller than Aspen. Aurora immediately looked back at Aspen. "So you and the boy behind me... You really are..."

Aurora was interrupted by Aspen, who said with a sigh, "Yes, Aurora. I and Jake are wolf-shifters, but there are two more who have yet to arrive." He looked deep into her eyes. "Are you happy with the answer now?"

Aurora nodded quickly and stored everything in her mind. Aspen and the boy behind her, Jake, are really wolf-shifters and, apparently, there were two others who were also wolf-shifters. They had yet to arrive, as Aspen informed her. But where were they?

Aspen looked at the sky and saw that it was getting a little darker. He glanced quickly at Jake. "I'm taking Aurora home. I'll see you and the others later. Understood, Jake?"

Jake nodded and jumped into the air to turn into a small brown wolf and ran away. After Jake disappeared from sight, Aspen and Aurora looked at each other.

"Let's go," Aspen said alone, and he quickly grabbed his backpack and put it over his back. Then he began walking toward the city and Aurora walked beside him. The whole walk was in silence and Aurora felt awkward because of that silence. She did want to have a little conversation with Aspen, even if it would probably be short. She looked brave and decided to try. She looked at Aspen, who was looking ahead. "I would like to thank you for rescuing me from the other wolves."

Aspen, who wanted to show respect to her, looked at Aurora. "You're welcome."

But then this came to Aurora's mind that she wasn't thinking about before. Who exactly were these wolves attacking her? Aspen's team was pretty brown, but what about those other brown wolves that had black tones? "...Who were those wolves that attacked me? Especially that big black wolf?"

Aspen stopped pacing and looked up at her with a dark gaze. Aurora also stopped pacing and saw his gaze, which made her nervous. Had she gone too far? Before Aurora could say anything, Aspen quickly spoke up. "The wolves that attacked you are very dangerous. If I were you, don't get too deep into the forest." He sighed and looked at Aurora. "The group is known as The Wolf Killers. They have been known for years for killing people they encounter. My team and I are doing everything we can to save the victims before it is too late, but unfortunately, we cannot save everyone." Aspen looked sad when he said this.

Aurora wanted to say something to comfort him but she didn't dare. He always seemed stern and even angry when she saw him, but from this conversation, she learned something new from Aspen. He was a good person in his heart. And she will remember that forever.