Chapter 18

Aurora sat at the edge of the waterfall and watched the water come pouring down nonstop. Her feet were bare and she still had her pajamas on. Aspen had gone along with his group to go get stuff for her. Only Lori stayed to keep an eye on everything, so everything stayed smooth. Aurora was nervous. What if everything went wrong during the transformation? Was it painful? She also noticed something else. Why did Aspen immediately make the choice to make her a wolf instead of hearing the other members first?

Lori came out and sat next to Aurora. She noticed how nervous she looked at the waterfall. "Nervous?"

Aurora let out a small nod that she was nervous. She also let out a sigh. "What if all this fails? What if we never stop The Wolf Killers?"

Lori listened with her heart to how worried her friend was. She looked at her softly. "Aurora, listen to me. You will be bitten by Aspen. And that has a meaning behind it. He is in love with you."

Aurora looked surprised at Lori, who was looking at her now with a smirk. How is Aspen in love with her? Was that why he had become overprotective of her? Aurora felt herself blushing as her heart began to beat faster. Aspen returned the same feelings of love and that made Aurora happy. Her heart made a leap inside.

"I know you are also in love with Aspen, so I recommend you go with him to the lake down here by the waterfall."

Aurora nodded and she decided that this night she and Aspen would become a couple. Lori wasn't lying. Aspen was far in love with her and he would do anything to protect her. Whatever he wants is to make her happy. Aurora looked away from Lori, back toward the waterfall, and then got memories of how Aspen was to her, like their first-ever meeting.

Lori put her hand on Aurora's shoulder and rubbed it gently but also playfully. "Everything will be all right."

Aurora looked at Lori playfully and before she could do anything back to her friend, both girls heard some footsteps. Lori was immediately alert and stood up while Aurora looked frightened. But luckily, the fear didn't last long because it soon disappeared when The Wolf Boys appeared, all back to people and half naked because they didn't have T-shirts on or tanktops. Aurora blushed hard when she saw the half-naked Aspen, but she ignored it as she stood up and went to him. Aspen hit alert and was in shock as she hugged him, her cheek pressed against his chest, and heard his heart beating. "I'm glad to see you, Aspen."

Aspen's shock soon disappeared and a small smile showed on his face. He hugged her back and it felt so good for the two of them, but they separated and someone from the group handed a large bag to her and Aurora took it. She nodded to the team member. He nodded back and went inside.

Aurora watched the whole team go in and she was gently pushed by Aspen. Lori grabbed the big bag to help her friend and went straight to the room the girls shared. But then something happened that caught Aurora's attention. A handsome guy like Aspen was following Lori upstairs.

Aspen chuckled beside Aurora. "That's Hunter, the youngest of us. He's in love with Lori and, secretly, Lori likes him too. Hopefully, they will kiss now."

Aurora smiled gently and felt happy for Lori that she finally liked someone because it was new to Aurora that Lori liked someone. But then the girl realized something and looked at Aspen. "Who are the other members?"

Aspen looked at her. "You already know Jake, the one who has caught you. The last one is Alan." Then Aspen realized something, too. "Wait a minute. Why did you go to the school library when you also borrowed a book from the town library?"

Aurora looked away shyly. She had indeed borrowed the book from the school while also going to the library from the town library. She made eye contact with the alpha again. "I guess just because the town's library has more books than the one the school has. I also found more information about the legend."

Aspen rolled his eyes and looked playfully at her. He chuckled and put his naked arm around her shoulders. What he did next surprised Aurora. He lifted her chin and his lips almost touched Aurora's. "Meet me in 30 minutes down here by the waterfall."

He released her chin and headed out while poor Aurora stood there, blushing a lot.

*

When 30 minutes had passed, Aurora went outside and carefully went down the stairs she saw. When she looked down, she saw Aspen staring into the distance of the waterfall. He was wearing a tank top this time. She approached him cautiously. "Aspen?"

Aspen immediately looked at her and walked toward her. That made Aurora nervous. What was he up to? He gently grabbed her chin and made sure her eyes looked into his. "You're an idiot, you know?"

Aurora looked confused. "An idiot how?"

Then Aspen grinned down at her because she was a little smaller than him. He brought himself to her even closer. "You're my idiot." Then he pressed his lips against hers. Finally, a kiss the two had waited so long for.

Aspen's eyes were closed since many people did it while kissing. Aurora felt good inside that she wanted more. She will never forget that kiss. Yes, she had indeed had boyfriends, but Aspen was different. His muscular arms were those around her waist and Aurora's were those around his neck. They continued the kiss and when it came time to catch some air, they stopped kissing. They panted a little but not much. Then Aspen picked Aurora up as if they were a married couple. Aurora was startled and when she looked into his eyes, they were full of lust.

Then Aspen headed toward the waterfall and Aurora was alert because they still had clothes on. "Our clothes will get wet!"

Aspen grinned. "No problem."

Then they disappeared behind the waterfall, where no one heard them because the waterfall was loud, and Aspen made sure that no little kids would arrive yet.