Christmas Is You

Christmas was a few days away and Miranda was rushing home because Ben's family were supposed to arrive later that night and she not Ben hadn't had a chance to clean the house. When Miranda unlocked the door she threw her purse and keys down before rushing to the bathroom to pee. Miranda finished using the bathroom and washed her hands, then stripped out of her work clothes and into some sweatpants and a T-shirt. She decided to order food so she didn't have to worry about cooking. Then she began to clean the house.

Ben with working a 24 hour shift so he wouldn't be home until the morning. Miranda was trying not to stress, but there was so much that needed to be done to prepare for his family being there for a week. She still needed to go grocery shopping but she figured that his mom would be willing to do it with her in the morning. Thankfully they still had breakfast food in the refrigerator so that breakfast could be made in the morning. Miranda started cleaning the guest rooms by freshening up all the bedding, vacuuming all the floors and cleaning the bathrooms. She was almost done with the last guest room when the doorbell rang, letting her know that her takeout had arrived.

Miranda sat down at the dining room table and ate silently thinking about Ben. She thought about how she wished that he would just come home because they hadn't had a chance to make love in a few days. And now they would have to go without or try they're best to be silent with all other family in a house. Knowing her husband they were going to be doing the latter.

Miranda finished eating her food and then went back to cleaning the house for her in-laws to arrive. Once she was satisfied with the guest room and she stocks all the towels and washcloths for each room. She decided to vacuum the living room and sweep the dining room and kitchen floor. There wasn't much to clean in the kitchen because they were really good about keeping the kitchen clean during the week. When she was satisfied with her work she went back to the bedroom and decided to take a relaxing shower.

Miranda took her time washing her body before she took some of her favorite body scrub and rubbed it into her skin. She thought about how much Ben loved how her skin smelled after she used it. She wanted him to smell her when he came to bed in the morning. He always nuzzled his nose into her neck and kissed it. Miranda rinsed her body off before washing once more, rinsing again and getting out. She dried her body off before walking to her bedroom, grabbing her lotion and sitting in the chair to moisturize her skin. This time when she got dressed she put on a blue long sleeve and pant pajama set from target. Just as Miranda was coming from her bedroom the doorbell rung.

"Perfect timing," Miranda said to herself.

She opened the door and everyone's face lit up when they saw each other.

"Miranda! Her in laws said together and it made her chuckle.

She hugged each of them as they stepped into the door and after hugged Chance she took Gia out of his arms. The 16 month old smiled at Miranda and attacked her face with wet kisses. Ben and Miranda FaceTimed her all the time. Miranda felt emotional because she looked so much like Daniella so it was like watching her daughter grow. She knew that when Ben got home he would pick her up and not want to put her down.

"Okay everyone, the guest rooms are cleaned just choose which one you want."

"Is the basement ready? Ben has been telling me about the renovations," Curt asked.

"It is ready and my son already called it for when he and his girlfriend arrived," Miranda explained.

"Well until they arrive you all know where I will be. Ben told me about the huge TV, I've got to watch the game," Curt said and Miranda giggled.

"Alright kids, it's late so momma and I going head to bed," David said.

"Oh I was going to ask who wants to go grocery shopping with me in the morning? Ben and I have been so busy that we hadn't done any grocery shopping yet."