Chapter 15

James' Pov

Why did I just do that?

Because I ruin shit.

I ruin peoples lives, right along with my own happiness.

Anything good that has ever come to me, I've ruined.

"Hey James." I hear through my racing thoughts.

"Not right now Em." I reply coldly.

"So we're back to our nicknames?" She asks, and I can't help but cringe at the sound of her voice.

"Look Emma, we will never get back together. You got that? You blew me off for the last time."

"James I said I was sorry. Just please come over after school alright? Max really misses you." She states as she wraps her hands around my waist.

I politely pull them off and reply "piss off Nelson, we're done."

And with that I walk away, dreading the long day awaiting me.

**

"What's wrong man?" Curtis whispers to me at the lunch table, and the only thing I want to do is get up and storm off, but I didn't even have the energy.

I look over at where Rosie usually sits, but she's nowhere to be found.

The only thing I want to do is see her face.

But I think I've done enough.

"The food is not all that good today." I reply to Curtis's question.

"Alright man." He says, and lucky for me he drops it.

I want to ask him if he could talk to Rosie for me, but I didn't need him snooping around in our personal lives.

As far as I know, he's whipped over Rosie, and I don't need to give him a reason to "comfort" her.

"Alright boys, I'm headed to the nurses." Curtis announces.

"You are always hurt man." One of our team members reply.

"It's called putting in work, maybe you should try it sometime little man." He shoots back jokingly.

"Yeah right chump!, you don't even like to get dirty." He says and instead of a comeback, Curtis shoots him the finger.

We all chuckle, but I realized his comment was true.

Curtis really hated getting dirty, and would freak if even a piece of lint landed on him.

I couldn't help but wonder why they let a germaphobe be captain?

Well that's easy, I wasn't enrolled here when they made such a drastic decision.