Chapter 4

James' Pov

After about fifteen minutes of non-stop chaos in the school's hallway, I finally made my way to the counselors office.

I walked into two men's restrooms and interrupted a home room class before I could find it.

I wasn't the social type so I didn't bother asking for help, but after embarrassing yourself enough times you learn to put your pride aside and haul ass to the counselor's office.

As I walk in I notice a very interesting looking lady sitting at the front desk.

She had glasses with little dangly strings attached to the sides of them, light brown skin and slightly smudged red lipstick plastered on to her thin lips.

I cleared my throat to get her attention and it worked, as she snapped her head up from whatever she was reading and adjusted her glasses to look at me.

A bright smile grew upon her face.

"Yes? What can I do for you dear?" She said in a high pitched voice.

"I'm new here. I'm not sure where I'm supposed to be. Would you mind helping me?" I asked, rubbing the back of my neck.

"Of course honey. Have a seat, this should take no more than twenty minutes." I nod at her and proceed to sit as she had suggested.

"Is this seat taken?" A tall guy with dark brown skin asked me as he pointed to the seat next to me.

"No, you go ahead." I reply, nodding my head toward the chair.

"Thanks man." I heard him say as I went back to watching the paint dry.

At least ten minutes go by and I'm already growing impatient.

Class had already started, and if I had any shot at the baseball team this year, being late was not going to get me there.

I begin heading over there and seeing what the holdup is, but my mission is brought to a halt by someone approaching the desk.

I roll my eyes and sit back in my seat to wait my turn.

"Good morning Ms.H!" she spoke.

My eyes immediately snapped up to look at whoever was behind that angelic voice.

My heart skipped a beat as my eyes met the loveliest sight.

She had on a white dress which complimented her chocolate brown complexion perfectly. Her hair was jet black, and she had huge curls covering the side of her face. She stood at at least 5'7, and had the smoothest skin I have ever seen. If she could just turn around.

Something about her intrigued me. The way she stood against the desk, so.. classy and sophisticated.

"Have a seat darling..." I hear the lady at the front desk say.

I knew she was about to face my direction, and possibly find me staring like a creeper.

But I couldn't look away.

My heart stopped beating entirely as she turned around to scan the room for any available seats.

She was absolutely stunning. She had the most mesmerizing dark brown eyes that complimented her shiny clear skin and full red lips. Her cheeks had just the right amount of that pink stuff on it, but her beauty was natural and deeper than meets the eye I could tell. Her dress hugged her petite body just right, and the pearls that matched only made her skin glisten more, if that was
humanly possible.

I finally realized that if she caught me staring like this she would think I'm a stalker, then there goes my chance.

Wait, chance?

I can't be serious right now.

Besides, baseball is my woman. I need to snap out of it.

A few seconds later the nice guy I had spoken to earlier about the seat, got up from it and walked out.

I knew this was the only available seat left, which meant Ms.Angel Voice was coming over here to sit next to me.

I was trying so hard to act normal as she was most likely already approaching the seat.

"Rosie, your schedule is ready darling. Have a nice time in gym." I heard the lady at the front desk say.

Rosie. A name as beautiful as her.

**

Okay, you guys have made it to chapter four, so I think it's appropriate to call you guys besties from now on 😝!!

So besties! I thought it'd be cool to do what I did in chapter three, but from James' perspective!!! What do you guys think?! Are we loving it so far?!

And we are besties now so you guys do not have to lie to spare my feelings lol!!!

Thanks for reading!! xxx