Chapter 11

Rosie's Pov

I wake around six o'clock to the lovely sound of my terrible alarm.

I have to admit, I'm usually a lazy grump the first few minutes of being awake, but this week was spirit week, which meant lots of activities, shorter class periods, not that I minded of course, and much needed time spent with friends before the year is over.

Prior to climbing out of bed, I make sure to get a good stretch all over my body.

I yawn as I pull back my blankets and slip into my grey fuzzy slippers, making sure my feet avoid touching the cold hardwood floor.

I begin brushing my teeth and washing my face, contemplating an outfit in my head for today.

I decide to go with another dress, this time in a light, pastel-like pink.

The dress was light and fluffy at the bottom, and cozy fitting at the top.

I of course threw my signature pearls over my neck, and red lipstick on top of my lips.

I went with a nice and slick ponytail for my hair, having momma curl the ends of it, and add a white bow to match my shoes and pearls.

One thing that remained on my
mind since Curtis dropped me off Friday night was how I was a teenie bit nervous to see James, because I couldn't tell if he liked having me around or not.

The Dodgers game was a few months away, and I was hoping he hadn't changed his mind about wanting me to tag along.

"Rosie, the girls are here!" I hear very faintly from my bedroom.

Before I have a chance to respond, Nia and Yve barge into my bedroom, with surprisingly good energy for only seven in the morning.

The twins always know exactly what to do and say to distract me from my busy mind.

I was being yanked downstairs because apparently breakfast had been ready for a whole four minutes now and I was wasting time.

We hurry downstairs, anxious to fill our grumbling bellies with momma's famous breakfast.

Halfway through our meal, daddy comes in and makes us help him with his crossword, and we all enjoyed our time before we have to head out and tackle another week of school.

                                                 **

As we enter the front of the building, we're re immediately greeted with loud music, pom-poms, and students cheering.

"Wait a second..." I say, in the most aggravated tone I could conjure up.

"Pom-poms." I utter, resting my hand above my forehead in frustration.

"What about them Rose?" Nia questions, oblivious to the fact that I had forgotten my entire uniform at home.

"I didn't remember to put my cheer gear in my bag before we left, so now I have to go back home." I announce knowing I'd be going alone, in fear of making the girls late to their morning classes.

"Well what happened to your spare?" Yvette replies.

"That's at home too. Momma wanted to wash them both because she knew it was going to be a busy week for me."

"Well you want us to walk back with you? We wouldn't dream of letting you go by yourself." Nia assures me, but before I could reply with a selfless no, my knight in shining armor came to save the day.