Chapter 6

Rosie's Pov

"Come on! Hurry we've gotta move quicker than this! I'm in full panic mode right now!"

I say, yanking the twins by their arms, fully aware of the fact that I look like a mad woman.

"What is it Rose?... Wait did you eat that homemade tuna casserole Ms.H brought again? Girl we know you're nice but one more pan of that stuff and you might not make it to prom." Yvette said, examining my forehead to make sure I didn't have food poisoning again.

"Nooo, no." I giggled. "There's this guy." I say, in a slightly mumbled voice.

"A GUY?!" They scream simultaneously completely missing the point of my discreet tone.

"Shhh! Write it on the skyline why don't you!" I say in a panicked, yet joking voice. "I'm sorry Rose, it's just.. you never have time for anything.... you barely even have time for us. Let alone a guy!" Nia states excitedly.

"Well, you're right. I don't have time and I'm not saying I want to marry him, I'm just...saying he's real cute, and tall. I thought he was James Dean."

They each lock an arm around one of mine, leaving me in the middle as we head toward the cafeteria and swoon over all of the new eye candy in the school.

"I'm so glad momma packed us lunch today." I hear Nia say as I head toward the endless lunch line.

"Lucky! I forgot to even ask my mom." I tell them in disappointment.

"Well do you guys want to go grab a seat? I'll just be a minute." The girls both nod and walk over to an empty table.

I take a mental note of where they're sitting, as I wait patiently for my turn.

I scan the food slots for anything edible, when I finally settle on fruit and milk.

I walk over to the register and greet the lunch lady.

"Hi Rosie! You look lovely. How was your summer dear?" She asks, genuinely wanting to know what I did over break.

"It was fine, thanks! I like that color on your hair, it's real pretty." I say back with a grin.

"Oh, thank you dear." She says patting her hair net. "That'll be twenty five cents."

I pull out the change from my bag and handed it over to her. "It was nice seeing you again, have a great day." I say just before walking away.

I head toward the table Nia and Yvette had chosen, but about half way I notice that they weren't sitting there anymore.

"Rose!! ROSE!" I hear their familiar voices call. I look to my left to find them on the opposite side of the cafeteria waving their hands in the air, signaling me to come over and sit with them.

I take a closer look and notice a bunch of guys surrounding them, and when I finally reached the table, it made sense. The boys baseball team.

Yvette, Nia, and I have cheered for these guys since the sixth grade, and we are all pretty close to say the least.

"Hey Rosie" everyone says as I sit down at the table.

"Hey guys how's it going!" I reply in my signature cheery tone.

Everyone at this table is considered family. We do everything together, especially when baseball season is going.

I'm so excited to finally be back here for my last go round of fun with them, it's all so bittersweet.