Chapter 10

Rosie's Pov

"Did I have something in my teeth? Here, check my breath!" I panic to the twins after saying hi to James and only getting a head nod as a response.

"Rose, you're fine. And so is your breath you can stop making me smell it now." Nia says chuckling and pushing me away.

"I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong. One day he's kind and holds a decent conversation, but the next he's cold and barely even speaks to me. I really like James... as a friend I mean, and I don't want to find out that he's just like every other student from Sunset."

"Girl trust me" Yvette starts. "He likes you too Rose. You should see how he gets anytime you even look at Cur-".

"Hey ladies." A familiar yet dreadful voice creeps up from behind me, triggering an instant eye roll.

"Hi David." The twins say simultaneously, melting at his feet.

"Hello David, nice to see you here. Yvette, I'm going to go grab a glass of punch, Do you two want anything?" I ask, trying everything I can think of to get away from whatever awkward situation David was bound to put us in.

"No hun we're fine. David would you like something?" Yvette asks as she admires every single hair that was up his nose.

"No that's okay. Don't be too long sweet cakes." The twerp says, winking at me.

"Bye guys." I reply abruptly brushing off that last comment, and heading in the furthest direction from those three.

Let me give the run down on Mr. David Curwin.

Last year, the twins and I had the biggest disagreement we have ever been in because of him.

Yvette met him at some grocery store he worked at in the next city over.

She found herself there every Friday afternoon, buying a bunch of things that she didn't even need.

But as they got to know each other more, he told Yvette that he hadn't attended public school in the last two years.

Now Yvette, being the great person she is, convinced him to enroll at Redwood, and that's when things took a huge downward spiral.

David flirted with the entire school, including Nia and me.

I tried telling Yvette a few times, but she never believed me until she saw the creep trying to kiss me while I was at my locker.

Nia ended up really liking David, but the only person who knows that is me. She decided to step down because she could tell how much her sister loved him.

I tolerate Michael because he's my best friend's happiness, and I couldn't imagine how uncomfortable it would make her feel if I showed any dislike toward him.

So now, I'm walking around the party, trying to find a bowl of bunch to avoid the train wreck that's waiting to happen.

                               **