Chapter 30

Ashley's Pov

It's Wednesday right now and we are about have another Assembly, this time for counting the number of students who will be going on the trip.

I have been trying to avoid the question from everyone about whether I'm going or not because I'm sure they would try to pay for me.

I'm about to close my locker door when I feel two pairs of familiar hands snake around my waist turning me around.

"Hey babe," He kisses me.

"Hi," I say pulling away gently.

"I can't wait for the weekend, we will get to spend loads of time together," He winks.

In normal situations I would have started blushing but unfortunately there will be nothing to blush about.

Simply cause I'm not going.

I just smile at him shyly before we walk towards the hall, his hands around my waist at all times.

"Goodmorning students, as you all know, we have a trip this Friday. I have called you here to confirm the students going.

"For the first time in the history of our school, almost everyone has paid for the trip!" He exclaims.

"I won't take much time of yours, so let me get started."

He started naming the students, Aaron, Tyler, Kylee, Noah, Melissa, Kailani, some other students but imagine my shock and utter disbelief when I heard my name being called.

It must be a mistake.

I was about to raise my hand when out of nowhere Aaron reached out and put it down.

Oh.

"Aaron, what did you do?" I glared at him.

"Um, look ok I just wanted you to enjoy your last year here at our school, I know I shouldn't have done this but I can't help it Ash, you really deserve to go," He says.

"Aaron, stop acting like I'm a child. Just because I have bad parents doesn't mean you can go around acting like I'm your responsibility, I appreciate what you have done for me but no more. I can't keep burdening you with my problems when you have a ton of them yourself," I say quietly.

"I know, and I'm sorry but you seemed so excited when it was announced and seeing you don't being able to go crushed my heart Ashley."

My heart starts racing as butterflies form in my stomach.

I just sigh in response and turn back to Tyler.

He looks at me happily and I return the expression.

My eyes can't help but tear away from him when I notice Kailani approaching Aaron.

He pulls her in for a kiss- wait what?

Are they actually dating?

Aaron never kissed me unless people were looking and right now no one is even sparing a glance at them.

There's a little pang in my heart and as if Aaron hears it he looks at me -while kissing her- and has a somewhat cold look on his face.

He doesn't break contact as he continues to devour her mouth all while I feel millions of pangs in my heart.

I snap back to reality and look away, not wanting to seem upset.

I sigh as I walk towards class.

***

"Can you come over to help me pick what ill wear on the trip?" I ask Kylee through the phone.

"Um, are you sure? You know.. your parents?" She says.

"Dont worry, it's fine just come over."

"Okay ill be there soon," She says hanging up.

I toss my phone on my bed and walk to my window, leaning on it.

I look across and find Aaron's room empty.

He should have been home by now.

As if on que he walks into his room followed by Kailani.

Are you kidding me?

This girl is everywhere.

I roll my eyes before shutting the blinds and sitting down on my bed.

After a minutes or so the bell rings.

That was quick.

I jog downstairs happily and open the door.

I am about to welcome Kylee in, except its not Kylee.

It's Aaron.

"Um hi?" I ask confused.

"Hi, can I come in?" He asks.

"Sure," I say opening the door wider for him to walk in.

"Yeah so um first of all, I would like to apologise for paying for your trip. I just wanted you to go and have fun with your friends and um- boyfriend." He says awkwardly.

"No actually thank you, I'm not gonna lie I really did wanna go so thanks," I smile.

"Another thing-"

"Are you actually dating Kailani?" I ask cutting him off.

He looks taken aback by my comments.

"Uh, no. We are just um really close friends.. Why do you ask?"

"No just wondering, you two seem to be really close lately," I almost roll my eyes.

"Oh, um well I have to go. Kailani is actually waiting for me right now so yeah, once again sorry!" He says slamming the door behind him.

Thank goodness my parents aren't home.

God forbid they would have chopped my head off and sold it on ebay.

A few more minutes go by before the doorbell rings again.

This time I make sure to check through the peephole before answering and sure enough it's Kylee.

I open the door and pull her in to a warm hug.

"Ready to pack for the best nights of your life?" She asks with a smirk.

"You bet I am."

***

Hiii!

I am so incredibly sorry about the long wait.

I just started a new year recently and school has been killing me.

Anyways around 15 chapters are left to go!!

Thank you all for your support I love you all.

I hope you have a great rest of your day/night.

Bye! ♡