Chapter 21

Ashley's Pov

"Ashley, we need to break up," Aaron says.

"Huh? Why?" I ask, sadder than I expected to be.

This break up wasn't only of our fake relationship, but also probably our friendship and I didn't want that.

"Because, Tyler likes you, and I found another girl to replace you so yeah," He frowns.

That first piece of information makes me slightly happy but the second one doesn't.

I don't get it.

I'm supposed to be happy, screaming in joy, over the moon, but I'm not.

I am happy.

I am happy.

Then the information sinks in.

Tyler likes me!

A smile breaks out on my face but it doesn't meet my eyes.

Aaron frowns abit but its almost as if I had imagined it as it was gone a second later.

"You don't seem as happy as I thought you would be." Aaron points out.

"Yeah, I think so too. But that's great..  that he likes me."

"Yeah.. So what happens now? You know.. about us?" He asks.

"What about us? There is no us.. we are just friends.." I find myself frowning.

What is going on!

Why am I being so harsh.

I notice the frown on his face.

"No, Aaron.. I don't mean-"

"Yeah I know, we should just stay friends then?" He ask.

"Yes I think that's good. I don't wanna go back to being strangers Aaron."

"Yeah me neither.." He replies.

"So.. who is the new girl?" I ask.

This new girl seems to be bothering me for some reason.

"Um, her name is Kailani. She used to be my old best friend before she moved away and now she is back, and I asked her so she agreed." He says.

"Oh. Okay then." I purse my lips.

"Yeah, so.. when are you gonna admit your feelings to Tyler?" He asks.

"I don't know.. isn't it kinda awkward to be with him right after I broke up with you?" I ask.

"Yeah, it would be like, you are going for him as a rebound."

"What if I tell him I broke up with you because I liked him?" I ask.

"Um, yeah that would be a better idea."

"Okay then, I'll tell him on Monday."

He just nods in response.

This is so awkward.

"Are you hungry?" He asks.

"Yeah, kinda," I reply.

"Well you are in luck because... my mother is back and she made some delicious dinner!" He smiles.

His smile must be contagious because I catch myself smiling too.

Finally, the awkwardness is gone.

"Thats great!" I smile, this time it meets my eyes.

"She has missed you, she kept calling in everyday while she was away to ask about you. When she returned, every five minutes, she would come to my room to check on you," He smiles.