Chapter 14

Ashley's pov

My alarm rings, making me want to actually kill myself.

I just wanna sleep man.

Sleep is the best thing in life. Its the only time you don't have to worry about anything. You just rest.

Unless if you get a nightmare, which happens alot to me because of my parents.

After five minutes of contemplating whether I should wake up or not, I remember I'm getting my paycheck which means I can finally go shopping for new clothes.

The owners of the cafe are really kind and they know I have a tough time getting money so they give me extra which is enough to pay my school fees, clothes and food. The rest of it goes to my father and I can't lie, not much remains.

Obviously I still eat and shop with a budget.

I go to a school where the fees is pretty low considering other schools with much much higher fees.

I get up slowly rubbing my eyes while walking to the bathroom.

I turn on the heater and jump into a nice hot shower.

In the morning, the water must be hot for me to the point where it burns my skin. It somehow relaxes me.

When I'm done, I put on my robe and head to my closet.

I put on a crop top and baggy jeans, my favourite.

I grab my phone and car keys and head downstairs.

It's always the same every morning, my father passed out, my mother off at work.

I sigh before leaving through the front door.

I get into my car and drive off.

After 15 minutes, I arrive at the cafe and I'm met by a surprise.

"Jakeyyy!" I say happily.

"Hi ashey, you work here right?" Jake says.

"Yep, but what are you doing here?" I ask.

"I'm going back to uni today, so I thought I'd come say bye to you. I'm sorry we couldn't hang," He says sadly.

"Oh do you really have to go today?" I say with a pout.

"Yeah."

I frown but pull him into a hug.

"I will miss you so much," I say.

"Me too Ashey, but don't worry, as soon as I graduate in December, I'm coming to get you."

"I can't wait."

"Oh and I got you something, as an early birthday gift cause I won't be able to be here next week," He says and pulls out a small, red, velvet box.

He gives me the box and I open it. Inside is a beautiful silver necklace with a cute infinity charm.

"I- this is amazing Jake, I love it! Thank you," I say and pull him into a hug.

"No problem Ashey," He says and ruffles my hair.

"Well I have to get going now, it was great seeing you," He smiles.

I nod as he walks away.

It then clicks to me I'm in the cafe and have work to do.

I walk to the backroom and place my stuff in the little locker I have. I grab my apron and walk to the front desk, ready to take orders and to deliver them.

"Hey Xavi," I greet.

"Hey Ash, I have some orders here, please take them to the kitchen," He smiles, handing me a paper.