Chapter 24

Ashley's pov

I stand here, again, in front of the house that has caused me many nightmares.

The house that turned me from a girl, so hopeful, who could only see rainbows, to a girl so hopeless, who forgot they ever existed.

Life works in a funny way.

I never really thought I would come back here, I really didn't want to, but I put faith in my brother, and trust that he will come back for me.

He has to.

So I stand here. With a deep sigh, I open the door.

The scent of liquor hits my nose as though its air.

I don't think I've ever been more used to a smell then of the disgusting liquid my so called father consumes.

How pathetic is it?

How pathetic is it to drown your sorrows in a liquid that causes you to lose touch with reality?

How pathetic is it, to beat your own daughter up till she can barely breathe, because of your own fucking mistake?

Very pathetic, I think.

I step into the house I once took as home.

Oh god, how I crave for that feeling, to be able to walk into your house, with not a single worry of what type of torture will be done to you?

Praying constantly that your own father is lying unconscious due to the same very liquid that destroyed him, just so you don't have bruises the following morning.

I crave it, more than I've craved anything in my life.

I peek into the living room and my eyes meet with my father's immediately.

Fear. Anxiety. Shoots through my spine.

But what surprises me the most is the shock I receive when I see Fear in my father's eyes.

He seems almost scared of me.

He doesn't dare speak and breaks eye contact.

Confusion consumes me.

"Oh my dear daughter! How are you?" My mother runs up to me.

I tug away uncomfortably.

"Don't touch me."

I say.

Silence.

It feels like days have past, not a single word.

So I do the next sensible thing and I run upstairs.

To my room.

My now destroyed room.

I sigh.

Lately I've been sighing alot. Maybe it's just a habit I've gotten, or just how depressing life has been.

The latter makes much more sense.

I ignore the mess, I ignore the phone calls, texts, I ignore noise, and I ignore the voice in my head.

Because nothing matters at this moment.

No.

Nothing.

So as i lay in bed, I think, wow.

What a weird day.....

***

The next morning, I'm awakened by thudding coming from my window.

For fucks sake, no one let's me sleep.

I sigh as I make my way towards the window, knowing who my guest is.

I unlock the window and climb right back into bed.

"Hey.. Le- Ashley.." He says.

"Hi Aaron," I say sitting up.

"Um so I wanted to apologise for yesterday, I'm sorry I was just thinking about what's best for you and Tyler, and after all he is what you have always wanted and I didn't want to be the reason for your brea-"

"You don't get to decide what's best for me, Aaron. I want to be friends with you," I cut his blabbering off.

"Okay." He says.

Wow, I was expecting anything, but not.. that.

"Okay?.." I ask.

"Yes. If you want to be friends with me then okay, let's be friends." He smiles, his dimples popping.

I huge smile tugs on my face as I run up to him and pull him into a hug.

I feel his body stiffen under mine and feel our heartbeats syncing up.

Both beating fast.

Shit, no. Tyler.

Fuck I have to talk to him about yesterday.

I pull away, "I need to get ready, but can I ride with you?"

"Yeah ofcourse, text me when you are done." He smiles and climbs back out of my window.

He has those kinda smiles that are so contagious that you find yourself smiling back, for five minutes even when they are gone.

I only realize this when my phone starts ringing, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I pick it up and see its a call from Kylee.

"Hey keels," I say into the speaker.

"Hey Ash, how are you?? You disappeared from school yesterday and you haven't been answering any of our calls. Tyler has been worried sick about you so have I. Did something happen with your father..?" She asks worriedly.

"Yeah I'm okay keels, just needed a break yesterday. And no nothing with my father, don't worry. Anyways I have to get ready now so I'll see you in school keels, bye," I say hanging up the phone.

Once I check my notifications I'm stunned when I see more then a thousand notifications.

Holy hell.

I leave the messages unread as I walk to my bathroom, wanting to get a cold shower to clear my mind before the day I have to face.

Gosh, I need to figure out a way to make my friendship work with Aaron.

I can't lose it.

He was the only one to really help me, to really care about me.

And I think he is a great friend for that.

So no, I don't wanna lose him.

But I do lose myself in the cold shower which tightens my skin, leaving goosebumps all over.

Once I'm done I pick out my outfit and call Aaron.

His car pulls up in front of me and I get in.

"Hey, so I forgot to ask, how did everything go with your parents?" He says.

"Surprisingly, nothing really happened. My father almost seemed scared of me.. isn't that just crazy?" I say.

I see a smirk forming on his face which disappears almost immediately but my head connects the dots.

"What did you do, Aaron?" I ask with a strict look.

Of course I'm not mad at him.

With a sheepish smile, he goes, "I may or may not have threatened to murder your father.."

And that statement leaves me smiling for the rest of our car ride.

***

Hey yall!!! I'm back with another chapter!

I apologise with my late updates, I have no excuse, I've been so busy bit lazy at the same time.

But I hope you enjoyed this chapter, let me know in the comments.

Anywayss I hope you have a great rest of your day/night.

Bye!!!