17.

luke bursted out laughing as soon as those words fell out of my mouth.

"you're serious?" he laughed as he doubled over.

"dead. she was pretty, seemed nice, but it was so awkward." i spoke as i covered my face in embarrassment.

"why the fuck would he have sex in his office." luke spoke as tears of laughter came into his eyes.

"see that's a question that you need to ask him, not me." i spoke as i shook my head in disappointment.

all of a sudden calum came barging in.

"luke mate, you won't believe what just happened." calum panted as he sat down across from me.

"i'm going to leave." i replied as i frantically sprinted out of the room.

that shit was uncomfortable.

i snuck past the security guards and sat on one of the benches in front before lighting another cigarette, could you blame me?

all of a sudden, someone sat next to me.

it was brandy.

"look- "don't worry about it please. i don't want to know the details or ever talk about this again." i spoke as i looked away from her as i inhaled.

"you look a bit young to be smoking." she pointed out.

"it calms me." i shrugged.

brandy snatched the cigarette from my hand and stomped on it.

"nervous or not. i'm sure there's better ways." she shrugged.

"why would you do that?" i spoke with a hint of frustration.

"i used to smoke when i was younger like you. it's not good for you. even if i didn't know you, i would still slap it out of your hands." brandy spoke as she looked me dead in the eyes.

"so you're ashton's daughter?" brandy asked.

"yep, and you're calum's girlfriend?" i asked.

"yeah. he's sweet. he comes off a bit more serious, but he's sweet. i'm a music creator." she smiled brightly.

"no way? that's really cool." i smiled softly.

"yeah, i'm sorry again that you had to walk in on that. i'll definitely catch you later." brandy smiled before she stood up.

"no more smoking." she scolded as she walked off.

what was up with people being so anti-cigarette.

ashton's pov

"yeah, i really love this person. she's like the world to me." madison spoke towards the end of our session.

"does this person have a name?" i asked.

"yeah, but you don't need to know." she shrugged.

"understood, our time is up, but i'm so glad today was a better day for you!" i smiled as i directed her out of my office and to her mom.

i needed to have a serious conversation with tory.

tory's pov

i walked back in only to be met with ashton all packed up and ready to go.

"you look mad." i spoke softly.

"not mad, concerned. come on, let's go. you and i, i need to talk to you." ashton spoke swiftly.

i nodded and followed behind him.

we got to the car and started to drive before ashton started talking, "did you imply in any way that you liked madison?"

"no. why?" i asked.

"she told me she's in love with someone and they love her back." ashton replied.

"well, i didn't say anything that suggested i loved her in that sense." i shrugged.

ashton gave me a look.

"okay, please be careful. she's not too stable." ashton spoke softly.

"you keep telling me that, but not giving me a reason." i pointed out.

"i legally can't tory. just be careful okay?" ashton spoke firmly.

"okay." i replied dryly.

a part of me knew he was probably telling the truth, but i didn't want to believe it because i finally found a friend.