7.

i groaned as i shut my door and laid down on the bed.

i already hated living here. he was so fucking crazy.

i grabbed my phone and played games on it until about 10 pm before i decided to go out for a smoke.

i was debating waiting to go out later, but what were the chances they were going to barge into my room at 10 pm. i was a jet lagged teenage girl.

i changed into a baggy hoodie and sweats before grabbing my pack of cigarettes and a light and heading over to the window.

i opened the window and carefully climbed out and sat on a flatter part of the rough.

little did i know, i was right next to the bathroom of one of the boys.

i carefully lit my cigarette before inhaling and exhaling.

it was calming.

all of a sudden the window next to me opened and there stood calum.

"you know that shit can kill you right." he spoke quickly.

"well aware." i muttered as i brought my knees up to my chest.

"you should go back inside." calum directed as he stared at me.

"i'm fine." i muttered as i stood up and moved higher up to another flatter section on the roof.

i thought maybe they would stop bothering me, but i heard ashton call my name from my room.

"out here." i spoke back.

he leaned his head out the window and saw me there with a cigarette and immediately froze.

"what are you doing?" ashton spoke firmly.

"having a smoke. care to join?" i spoke sarcastically as i inhaled.

"put it out. now." ashton directed firmly as he gave me a slight glare.

i took one final whiff before nodding.

"as you wish." i muttered as i rolled up my sleeve slightly and put out my cigarette on my skin before slowly climbing back over into my room.

"does your mom know you smoke?" ashton spoke firmly.

"ashton. she wasn't around enough to know anything about me. she provided for me, but she never loved me." i laughed as i sat down on my bed.

ashton stood there silently for a moment before nodding.

"i understand that you feel like that, but she loves you tory." ashton spoke softly.

"how the hell would you know? you never even called or visited us. you don't know shit." i spoke with a tiny chuckle as i stood up.

"what i do with my body is my choice. if you prefer that i smoke outside on the ground i'll do that." i spoke firmly.

"i don't want you smoking period." ashton replied. 

"what about my body my choice do you not understand?" i shot back.

"what about you're a minor and it's illegal do you not understand?" ashton replied as he held his ground.

i gave him one final glare before nodding.

"okay." i replied blandly as i sat down.

"can i have them?" ashton asked.

"no." i replied.

ashton sighed before nodding.

"one battle at a time." he muttered.

"this is a warm up." i replied as i shut my door after he left.

i put my light and cigarettes down on my dresser before heading to bed.

i spent the rest of the night being angry at the world for bringing me here.

i didn't want to be here with him.

i didn't want to be here with any of them.

i eventually fell asleep and was woken up by someone knocking.

i dragged myself out of bed and opened the door.

"good morning." michael spoke softly.

"morning." i mumbled.

"you have a choice, you can either stay here with me because i have the day off or you can go with ashton to the hospital." michael spoke quickly.

"here. don't worry i won't be in your way." i mumbled as i shut the door softly.

thank gosh it was summer here. i couldn't imagine having to be in school right now.

i went back to sleep and woke up a couple hours later and grabbed my light and cigarettes and headed downstairs.

i walked outside into the backyard and lit one up and sat there on the pavement.

"i thought ash told you not to smoke anymore." a voice spoke from behind me.

"are you a snitch too?" i chuckled as i turned around to face michael.

"no, but i would appreciate it if you didn't break his rules." michael replied.

"i told him my body my choice." i shrugged.

michael walked over and grabbed the cigarette from my hand and stomped on it.

"in most cases i agree, but not when it comes to this."