4.

"what a fucking- "no cussing please." ashton interrupted swiftly.

"it doesn't matter nor does it concern you." i spoke firmly.

who was he to ask about anything that had to do with me.

"maybe your mom didn't tell you, but i'm a psychologist at the hospital." ashton spoke softly.

"and? jeez i knew this was going to happen. just leave me be about it mate." i replied super frustrated that my first experience in the states is my "dad" telling me that my mom told him about my self harm.

"i'm not just going to 'leave it be' tory. self harm is serious." ashton spoke back firmly.

"you're not my dad okay? what i do with my body doesn't concern you." i spoke with a glare.

"it sure does concern me. i'm a doctor. i'm a psychologist. your mental health concerns me." ashton stated with a very matter-of-fact tone.

"it's not an addiction okay? i only do it when i'm stressed out or when shit goes bad. so just leave it alone ashton." i spoke softly.

ashton was silent for a moment before nodding.

"okay. we'll talk about this later." he sighed as he pulled into the hospital.

i followed ashton to his office and sat on the couch when a man with pretty blue eyes.

"hey! you must be tory." he smiled brightly.

"hi." i spoke plainly as i glared at him.

"someone's not happy?" the man spoke softly as he looked towards ashton.

"mate, i'm right here. you don't have to talk about me when i'm right in front of you." i spoke angrily.

"heard and understood." he nodded stiffly as he sat down.

"my names luke hemmings. i'm a friend of your dads." luke smiled softly.

"well, that's obvious because why else would you just walk in and he's not my dad." i pointed out as i crossed my arms.

luke gave ashton a look before slowly leaving the room.

"i think we got off on the wrong hand." ashton sighed.

"you think?" i mumbled.

"i'm sorry. i didn't mean to offend you." ashton pointed out.

"you didn't offend me. you invaded my privacy. my mom told something that she shouldn't have." i spoke firmly.

"i understand, but while you're here, i'm still going to require that you see a counselor so that we can hopefully stop self harming." ashton spoke stiffly.

i stared at him with disbelief before standing up and walking away.

he didn't even follow me.

i headed down to the entrance before i was stopped by security.

"are you tory?" the man asked stiffly.

"i am." i replied softly.

"you can't leave. we had a request from dr. irwin that we would watch over you and make sure you didn't leave." the man spoke firmly.

that fucker.

i marched back upstairs and into his office to see him sitting there with a tiny frown.

"wh- "wait, i'm thinking." ashton whispered as he held a finger out motioning for me to stop talking.

i sighed and sat down on the chairs in his room.

"what were you saying?" ashton asked as he looked over in my direction.

"i was saying that you have no right to keep me in here." i spoke quickly.

"i actually do. you're a minor and not familiar with the states. i'm not going to let you just walk off." ashton replied.

"that's not your decision to make." i spit out.

"i'm the adult here tory. maybe your mom was a bit more slack than i was about rules, but you cannot walk off on your own. i have a patient coming. you can go explore the hospital if you want." ashton spoke firmly as he motioned for me to leave.

i huffed and stood up and walked away.

i opened my phone and sent mom a text.

me: i don't want to be here anymore. please let me come back.

mom: baby he's not that bad. just give him a chance.

why should i?