1) He's my best friend! 2) He's incredibly hot!... *31*

1) He’s my best friend, 2) He’s incredibly hot, and 3) I’ve secretly loved him all this time…

*Chapter 31*

(Nate’s P.O.V)

So my girlfriend wasn’t mad at me anymore, and my best friend/brother had finally got the balls to ask the girl of his dreams to marry him. I took a deep breath and ruffled my hair, liking the feeling of true happiness that had finally come back into my life.

It was still really early, and I knew I shouldn’t let my inability to have slept all night be the cause of Paige losing sleep… but I still had a desperate urge to talk to her.

I had these urges a lot these days. Sighing, and mentally smacking myself, I rolled over in bed and punched the pillow a couple of times.

The sun wasn’t up yet, but the birds were chirping.

Once again, I mentally smacked myself. Nathaniel Price had just noticed the birds chirping. I laughed out loud and finally decided to give up on sleep.

After showering, I came out and paced the room for about an hour, just thinking about what to say. Then, when the sun was finally out and shining bright, I picked up the phone and dialed Paige’s number.

It was only after a ring or two that she picked up, and just hearing her voice made the entire sleepless night worth it.

“What are you up to?” I asked, suddenly at a lack of words.

“Jeesh, I don’t know. I could say I’m not even fully awake as yet… but something tells me that’s not what you’d wanna hear.” She replied dryly.

I grinned, knowing that she’d caught me.  

“You’re so funny, sweet pea.” I drawled, with just a hint of sarcasm.

It got her to laugh and soon we were both giggling like 5 year olds. Finally, she calmed down enough to talk again.

“You know, Nate, your brother is just a little bit older than you.” She said.

I was confused about what she was trying to say, so I let her finish off.

“And well… don’t you just admire him for what he did?” she asked.

I smiled, getting a hint of what she was probably trying to get at.

“Oh, you mean asking Sheena to marry him?” I asked in return, sounding as innocent as I could.

There was a long moment of silence before she answered.

“Never mind. I just realized it’s getting late. I should start getting ready for school.” She sounded suddenly embarrassed.