1) He's my best friend! 2) He's incredibly hot! and 3) I've secretly loved him all this time!!! *26*

Chapter 26

....................................................................................

(Paige's P.O.V)

I stepped out of the shower to the consistent sound of a baby crying. As far as I could tell, the sound wasn't full of joy. That baby was pissed!

I hurriedly toweled myself dry and dressed, rushing down the stairs and towards the noise.

I found her in her high-chair, Nate trying to stuff baby food into her wailing mouth. I walked over and took the spoon from his hands.

"Nate, are you crazy? She's obviously upset about something, you need to hold her!" I scolded, pushing him out of his chair.

I took his place and reached over to grab the baby; she instantly quieted down and looked at me with big, blue eyes.

My heart melted at the sight, she was definitely the cutest baby I'd ever seen. She obviously got it from her mother, since someone like Jonathan could never be considered "cute". Then again, Jessie had her father's colouring, not her mother's.

"Shhh... it's alright. Uncle Nate's just a big, old mean bear."I cooed, gently swaying her in my arms.

Nate was suddenly standing next to me, his expression wounded.

"That's not fair, you're giving her the wrong impression of me!" he pouted.

I wanted to laugh at the absurdness of it all, since when did an 8 month old understand anything?

Jessie had calmed down enough to stop crying; instead she switched her blue eyed gaze to Nate, almost looking at him accusingly.

He extended his arms and I passed the baby over, he held her like she was made of glass.

"I guess I'm glad you took a few days off from school as well, I would've freaked out with her all to myself." He admitted reluctantly.

I smiled at him and gave him a quick peck on the cheek, while he continued to hold Jessie; I decided to warm her milk. Even though Sheena still fed Jessie herself, she'd made certain to keep some milk refrigerated for us so Jessie wouldn't have to suffice with baby food alone. After the scene I'd just witnessed, I was pretty sure Jessie wasn't a fan of baby food.

In a way, I was glad that Sheena had trusted us enough to let us watch Jessie. It gave me some hope. And after all, it wouldn't hurt for Jonathan and Sheena to have some alone time together. Even if it was going to be at school.

There was definitely a difference in the way the two acted around each other. I wouldn't be surprised if they got back together again, especially considering the fact that they had a child.

I checked the temperature of the milk on my wrist, just as I'd been instructed to do by Sheena. Satisfied, I walked back to the living room where I found Nate and Jessie playing on the ground. It was another sweet moment, I was getting used to them since Jessie had been dropped off. Nate was just one of those guys, whenever you hand them a kid, they'll take your breath away. He was currently having a conversation of sorts with little Jessie, who was trying desperately to crawl away but failed every time. She was still new to the whole crawling thing.

Nate stopped talking when he noticed me standing in the doorway, gesturing for me to bring the milk. I plopped down on the floor next to him and handed him the bottle, though I was pretty sure he'd never given a baby milk before and didn't know how to do it either.

I patiently watched him as he balanced the bottle in one hand while trying to pick Jessie up as she crawled. It was a painful sight, not to mention the fact that Jessie didn't like to be disturbed when doing something important.