1) He's my best friend! 2) He's incedibly hot! and 3) I've secretly loved him all this time !!! *19*

Chapter 19

......................................................................................................................

(Paige's P.O.V)

I heard the screeching noise of the bars being shut close, the evil cop smiling at me the entire time. When I was safely behind bars, he stuck a hand through and pointed his fingers around, settling on a small, crooked bench.

"Go have a seat there, and if I find out you've been messing around, the consequences won't be good." He warned.

I slumped down onto the bench and gasped when it almost flipped over. Balancing myself, I leaned forward and tried to make the cop understand.

"Please! Don't you even feel a little sorry for me...?" I asked.

He narrowed his eyes and stared at me hard, as if I'd grown two heads all of a sudden.

"Of course not, after all, it's not like I'm your dad..." he replied, his voice slightly taunting.

I was reminded of my earlier mistake, a mistake I'd learned a hard lesson from. Never, ever, taunt a cop. The results won't be good. Hence, I was now sitting behind bars in a small police station in the middle of Vegas.

My mind wandered back to the look on Nate's Paige as I'd held him in my lap, before the nasty cop had come and dragged me away.

His eyes barely open, he'd needed me more than anything at that moment. He probably needed me now too, but thanks to my foolishness, I was now under arrest.

I stood up and decided not to give up. Nate needed me right now, and hell would freeze over before I neglected my best friend!

Not to mention the fact that I happened to love this best friend, and if anything happened to him I would never be able to live with myself.

I peeked through the bars and held onto the rails, even though god knew who and what had touched the rails before.

I saw the cop that had arrested me and cleared my throat until he looked up from where he sat.

"What do you want now?" he asked, obviously irritated with me.

"Nate is in the hospital, and I really need to know if he's okay! You should understand, sir, please!" I begged.

For the first time that night, I saw a hint of sympathy in his eyes, and he hesitated before answering. I had started getting some hope when he replied.

"I'm sorry; I still can't let you go." He shook his head and sat down.

I banged my fist angrily on one of the rails and felt the pain shoot through my knuckles. Cursing under my breath, I looked up again with tears in my eyes.

"Please, sir, I really need to be with him. I'm sorry for talking back to you. But can you really arrest me for that?" I cried.

He simply ignored me, my tears and cries unheard. While the last bit of energy was being drained from me, I still couldn't give up.

The thought of Nate alone in some cold hospital gave me chills. He was probably scared as hell, and here I was, in some rotten jail cell while some rotten cop wouldn't even consider the idea of letting me go.

Sighing deeply, I walked back to the bench and sat down, my handcuffs becoming more and more irritating. I looked down and noticed red lines on my wrists. If I moved the cuffs to the side a bit, the lines became more prominent.

My wrists were pretty much numb, so I couldn't feel anything. But something told me that wouldn't always be the case.

For the time being, I decided to lean back and close my eyes for a while. All the earlier events replaying in my head, reminding me what a bitch I could be at times!