1) He's my best friend, 2) He's incredibly hot, and 3) I've secretly loved him all this time!!! *8*

Chapter 8

..................................................................................................................

(Jonathan's P.O.V)

The girl in my arms giggled, as if she had a funny secret she was dying to tell.

I held back my smile and looked at her with a stern expression.

"What exactly is so funny?" I asked.

We were lying in soft green grass, a mid-summer day. The sun cast a golden shadow over her, making her hair shine. She looked like an angel.

She suddenly rolled over, on top of me. I stared into her eyes, breathing hard and wondering how the hell I'd gotten so lucky. She sighed as she leaned close to my ear.

"I think I'm falling in love..." she whispered, her voice like a seductive magnet.

I couldn't keep my heart from hammering, her words having such an effect on my senses.

"Who's the lucky guy?" I teased back, my voice raspy.

The thought of another guy being the object of her affection nearly killing me on the spot.

She smiled and it put the sun to shame. God, but she had the most gorgeous smile ever!

"You." She said softly, still smiling.

*End of Flashback*

My eyes shot open, and I realized my body was drenched in sweat. This always happened. Every damn, single time!

Always that one girl, always that one moment. She seemed to take over my life.

And these dreams got worse each time. At first they'd been little flashbacks, but recently it had been like this night. The flashbacks weren't just memories, but precious moments that I couldn't seem to forget. And after such a dream, I could never sleep.

I got out of bed and pulled my shirt off. A trickle of sweat ran down my abdomen. I wiped at it while I walked out the balcony.

A new day was starting, the sun almost up now. I thought about the coming day. I thought about the math test I had to pass or I'd practically fail the course. Most importantly, I thought about the brother who had no idea I existed, yet I saw him every single day and he never realized. And I thought about the girl.

The girl from my dreams. The girl I'd left behind.

Sheena.

Her memories haunted me like a ghost looking for revenge. But one memory stood out more than all the others.

The moment I broke her heart.

.........................................................................................................................

(Nathaniel's P.O.V)

"Price! Take your heels off and get out of that skirt!" the coach yelled, as I missed yet another pass.

Nothing was going as planned, and neither was football practice.

The coach was angry, I could tell by the comments he was throwing at me.

"Sorry, coach! I'm tryin' my hardest!" I yelled back, getting back into position for the next play.

The ball came out of nowhere, flying at me at full speed. I could've caught it, but my brain wasn't functioning as usual. It ended up hitting my shoulder hard and bouncing off to hit some guy in the nuts. He scrunched up his face in pain and fell to the ground.

The other team members all went to help the guy up, while the coach headed in my direction, obviously pissed off!

"What is it, Price? Is it girl trouble, again?" he demanded.

I frowned, amazed he would think so.

"Uh, No. I would never let a girl interfere with football, coach." I replied.

The football field was the one place where I could think, where I was myself. But today was just not a good day. And it got ten times worse when I saw Mr. Jackass walking towards us with his usual grin in place.

"Hey, coach!" Jonathan greeted cheerfully. And the coach was happy too, considering the sudden smile and handshake that followed.

I felt the envy rush over me. Why was I even jealous of him!? He was a nobody. Well... he was a somebody, but not "that" important either!

Sure, the girls all went crazy after him. He was the typical school jock and my leading competition on the field. But he was also the former, and yes "former" best friend of mine. He was nothing but a backstabbing loser!

Jonathan turned his smile onto me and extended his hand, which I left hanging in thin air until he retreated and raised an eye brow.

"Grumpy this morning?" he asked with amusement.

Ever since the day I'd seen him with Paige, I'd been nothing but grumpy. What the hell did he expect from me!? I was only human.

"I don't have time for this!" I turned and started walking to the locker rooms.

A hand on my arm stopped me, and I turned thinking it might be coach. But coach was already on his way to the guy I'd "accidently" hurt, and the hand that held on to my arm belonged to Jonathan.

"Get your arm off me." I said as politely as I could. But there was anger in my voice too.

Jonathan let me go, but an odd expression crossed his face.

"We used to be friends, Nate." He said, sounding serious for the first time.

I laughed dryly and stared at him.

"Is that right!? And was that before or after you screwed my best friend?" I asked.

Jonathan's expression turned angry, and he took a step closer.

"Don't say things you don't know nothing about!" he whispered threateningly.

I wanted to laugh. Now he was defending her!? She was supposed to be "my" best friend, I was the one who was supposed to defend her, not him!

"What's your game, Jonathan. What do you want out of this? Is it fun for you, messing around with innocent girls?" I was also getting angry, and tapped him in the chest as I spoke.

It was a typical scene, two angry guys, very close to starting a fight. The coach realized this, and quickly rushed over.

He broke us apart and pointed to the school building.

"Get to your classes! And get some tampons for yourselves while you're at it!" he yelled.

The other guys all laughed, Jonathan walked away. But I stood there, thinking for a long time while the team went back to practicing.

Maybe I was making all the wrong moves. I wanted my best friend back, but I wanted her happy too. If she was happy with the idiot, than I should just accept it. She could always be my friend while being his girl friend too.

It felt as if I'd just lost something valuable. I'd expected feeling defeated, or even like I'd given up. But the feeling was far worse.

Losing Paige nearly tore me apart inside. And I realized for the first time. I couldn't just let her go. I had to fight for her.

She meant more to me than I'd thought.

****************************************************************************

I know it's a shorter chapter !!! 

But I wasn't even supposed to upload

For this story this week. My other stories

Still had to be updated.

But I really, really wanted Jonathan's

Point to get across. So here you go!

Sry about the shortness of the chapter.

VOTE.COMMENT!!! 