1) He's my best friend! 2) He's incredibly hot! and 3) I've secretly loved him all this time!!! *28*

Chapter 28

......................................................................

(Nate's P.O.V)

"Officer Liam will be with you in a few minutes, he's the one overlooking your brother's case."

I nodded at the young secretary, who had probably been hired for her "social" behaviour. The girl wouldn't shut up; instead she was continuously saying one thing or another. For a police station, she could be quite a drawback.

From what I could gather from being here so far, this girl could give up an entire crime history of a suspect and think nothing about it.

Her name tag said Cindy, which seemed to go well with her personality. She looked like a

Cindy too, blonde hair, blue eyes, and very "endowed". I shuddered to think of what Paige would've thought if she'd been here right now, seeing me assess the secretary so.

"It's good that there are still siblings out there that care so much about each other... I'm sure Officer Liam will be glad to sort everything out for you guys. I mean, come on, you seem to be young, and after all Officer Liam is from Vegas... it's not like he could hold onto your brother for long anyhow." Cindy was definitely blabbering now.

I tried to focus on the glass doors behind her desk, where a bunch of activity could be seen. Officers sat at their individual desks and some were walking about with files in their hands. In the far distance, the cells could be seen, but Jonathan was still out of sight.

I'd known this had to do with Vegas once I'd realized the arrest warrant had been in my name. I was just surprised the retarded cops hadn't asked for I.D. or some sort of identification from Jonathan upon his arrival.

A large hand landed on Cindy's shoulder while she was rambling on about something, causing her to shut up all of a sudden and look up. Her smiled widened and she nodded her head enthusiastically in my direction.

"There he is, Nathaniel Price. He's here to speak to you about his brother, Jonathan." She explained to the cop.

I looked up and was hit with a sense of familiarity. Though I wasn't quite able to put my finger on it, but nonetheless, this cop was definitely from Vegas. He made his way to where I sat and extended his hand.

"Nice to finally meet you, Mr. Price. I'm Officer Liam."

I shook his hand and introduced myself, though it was clear that o introduction was needed. This man knew what he wanted and he seemed to be eager to get it. He led me to the back and as we neared the cells my anticipation grew. Once Jonathan was free I could deal with the rest, but I had to get him free first. He'd taken enough blame as it was already, I didn't want more of my mistakes to land on his shoulders.

The idiot had a daughter for Christ's sake! Sheena hadn't even answered Paige's calls and refused to say a word concerning Jonathan, his cold behavior hadn't gone unnoticed by anyone. Sheena was obviously upset over it and needed his reassurance, if he decided to get out of Jail that is!

Finally I spotted him, leaning against the wall in a cell to the side. His head was bent and his elbows rested on his knees, as if he was deep in thought. Or even asleep. Which turned out to be the case when the cell was unlocked and we entered.

He awoke suddenly and looked at me, surprised etched over his face.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

Officer Liam chuckled and walked over, removing his handcuffs and tucking them in his pocket.

"Go on now, you're free. We've had this discussion already, so let's not stall anymore, alright? Make your way to the front and sign some papers that the secretary gives you. Your brother and I need to have a word."