1) He's my best friend! 2) He's incedibly hot! and 3) I've secretly loved him all this time !!! *23*

Chapter 23

........................................................................................................

I'd like to thank "ladylander" for suggesting the music video for this chapter, it really does go with Jonathan and Sheena's story.... it's so sweet! =)

Also, there's another music video that kinda goes witht heir situation, it's called (there goes my life) by kenny chesney... check it out!

..........................................................................................................

(Jonathan's P.O.V)

She was letting me see my daughter! I still couldn't believe the sudden change of events, but decided not to jinx it by dwelling on it too much.

I smiled at the way Sheena sat in the passenger seat, still the same way she used to sit back when we'd been dating.

The way her legs seemed to cross just slightly, even though there was hardly any room and it seemed uncomfortable. But she still did, and her hands would always lie in her lap, one on top the other, kind of like sophisticated women would do.

But what surprised me to this day, was the way she'd just go into la la land sometimes, especially when sitting in a car with me.

She'd just doze off into a world of her own, her eyes staring into space. It was as if the only time she could think was in a car with me.

It had been funny back then, when I'd teased her about it and scared her by pushing on the brakes too hard on purpose, making her snap out of it. But now, It just seemed like time was rewinding itself.

Once again, I saw the innocent, freshman who I couldn't wait to seduce. The new girl who every guy was talking about.

The girl that could be mine with just the right amount of sweet-talking and endearments.

But I also saw the hurt and pain that was now evident in her face, the hurt I'd caused myself. How could I even look at myself and not want to kill the bastard that I'd once been!?

Suddenly the anger was back, anger at the mistakes I'd made. Mistakes I couldn't reverse or take back.

But I told myself there was one mistake I would never want to take back, one thing I'd probably done right in my whole life.

And that was Jessie; she could never be a mistake. In fact, I'd kill the first person who ever said so.

Now all I needed to do was make sure Sheena knew how I felt.

............................................................................................................

(Sheena's P.O.V)

The doctor was a kind elderly man who I'd recently switched to for Jessie's pediatric care. The old doctor had been good too, but this one was well known and experienced.

And I wanted the best for my daughter.

She sat now in Jonathan's lap, cooing and talking her baby nonsense while Jonathan cooed back as if he understood every word.

The scene would've been cute if it weren't for the nervousness I felt every time I brought her for a checkup.

My mom and I had been getting only good news each time, the reports telling us Jessie was getting better and better.

But deep inside the fear was still there, that the sickness had suddenly spread again and she'd go back to being the sick baby she'd been.

It was stupid of me to do so, of course. But I just couldn't help myself. I always imagined the worst, even now, while we waited in the small room for the doctor to return.