1) He's my best friend, 2) He's incredibly hot, and 3) I've secretly loved him all this time!!! *11*

Chapter 11

.......................................................................................................................

(Paige's P.O.V)

"It's not what it looks like..." Nate muttered, gently pushing Sheena away from him.

She stumbled back, nodding her head vigorously.

"He's right! I was just telling him what jerks guys like him turn out to be." She explained.

I mocked laughter and stared at the two of them, amazed by how stupid they thought I could be!

"I saw you, Sheena! You had your arms all over him." I cried with outrage.

We were creating a scene outside, thank god it was late and no one was out anymore. Most of the neighbors were probably in bed already.

Nate was trying desperately to say something, but he just opened and closed his mouth a couple of times. I threw my hands in the air and rolled my eyes.

"I swear it was nothing but a friendly gesture. Come on, Paige. I told you all about it earlier; I was just reliving the memories when Nate decided to lend some comfort." Sheena said, her voice sincere.

I thought back to everything she'd told me, including Jonathan's part in it, and I realized I was a really bad friend! How could I earn her trust one moment, then turn my back on her the next.

I should have believed her from the start. More importantly, I should have believed Nate, especially since he'd been trying his hardest to have a word with me.

I bent my head for a second, ashamed. Sheena must have noticed because she came over and put an arm around my shoulders.

"Give the guy a chance, that's all I ask. He's got something in him, I can promise you that much." She whispered, walking in to the house.

It was just Nate and I, standing facing each other while the wind blew across my face. It was getting chilly and I covered my arms for some warmth.

Nate shrugged out of his football jacket and offered it to me. I was shocked beyond words, He never did that! No matter who his latest arm candy was, he never ever let her wear his football jacket.

I didn't know if I should be flattered or insulted. I chose to just be thankful instead.

"Uh, you don't have to give me that. I'll be fine." I mumbled, though deep down it had been a secret fantasy, wearing his jacket one day.

He shook his head and thrust the jacket at me, far too insistent. I put it on and for a second was enveloped with Nate's essence. His scent overwhelmed me; I could even feel some of his strength.

It felt good.

I tried not to jump up and down in excitement and get to the real issue instead.

"I guess I should've let you talk to me, it was wrong of me to push you away like that." I mumbled, embarrassed at having to admit it.

There was a moment of silence, and then he took a step towards me. My heart beat accelerated and I realized only he could make me feel this way.

"I'm so sorry." He said quietly. And for a long time, those were the only words spoken.

They hung in the air, full of emotion and meaning. He really meant it, Nate was really apologizing.

And the funny thing was, he never apologized. All these years walking under him, while he stepped all over me, and today was the day he apologized. And I had no idea what to do.