Ch. 61: Escape From Isla Nublar

"Through the door, hurry!"

The Scorpios above us screeched, still stuck behind the glass but searching for a weakness in it. Seeing that there was a hole a few feet to the left, it wouldn't be long before it found one.

We were all fast to run past the unconscious Scorpios and out through the front doors.

...Only to be met by a velociraptor.

"Back inside, back inside!"

The blue raptor tries to push through all of our combined strength pushing to close the door again. It's claws peak through the door, along with its bloody teeth and striped head. As hard as we all try, it's not enough, and we're all roughly shoved back as the dinosaur finally slams the door wide open and barges in.

Kenji and I, flat on our asses, crawl back frantically as the creature roars and hisses, exposing its hunting knives sprouting from its hands.

I remember what Darius said an hour ago about where we were. Where we are now.

We're in her territory. She's pissed.

The raptor chirps once more, then, in the blink of a second, lurches forward, pushing on her back legs to launch into the air. I barely manage to roll out of the way of her landing, getting my elbow scraped by a rock. Darius is quick to pull me up, while Brooklyn picks up Kenji and we all spread out, breaking away from each other.

The raptor snarls as it's eyes switch from Darius and I, to everyone else. She doesn't seem to have an idea of who to take down next, knowing the possibility of letting the other intruders go free was a high risk no matter who she attacked.

I squeeze Darius' hand as we slowly back into a wall.

Ben, Yaz, and Sammy all huddle close as they too fall back against the back wall of the room.

Kenji and Brooklyn slowly, ever so quietly, take a few steps up the stairs.

There is tense silence screaming through the room.

And then...

Glass breaking.

Roaring.

Screeching.

Screaming.

Crashing.

The Scorpios finally made its way into the chaos by leaping in. However, by doing so, it shattered almost every glass window above and destabilized the ceiling. Bits and pieces of stone collapsed, one striking me in the head hard, but not large or heavy enough to do anything but bring an instant headache on. Darius and I's hands were instantly separated in the midst of this, and the boy fell back and cried out in fear as the Scorpios took a step toward him.

"Get away from him!" I scream at it. I grab a broken piece of cement from the ground and hurl it at the thing's head. It screeches and whirls it's head to glare at me with a small hiss, revealing its ugly teeth.

I'm about to shout at it again, but then another, different cry echoes through the room. A blur of blue and grey launches through my vision, and suddenly, the Scorpios is too preoccupied to come after us.

The blue velociraptor and the Scorpios tangle around each other in a brutal battle of strength. Darius and I hold on to each other as we watch them wrestle.

"Guys, we have to get out of here!" Brooklyn shouts. "The whole place is collapsing!"

And that it was; the roof was denting downward, preparing to tear open, and pieces of glass and such were already raining down on us in heaps. Darius tugs me forward, where I meet Ben and grab his hand with my other free one. We luckily make it out, turning just in time to see the velociraptor escape the fight and jump out of the building. The Scorpios screeches our way one last time, before it's crushed with its unconscious twin. Dust explodes from the destruction in waves that instantly surround us.