Steve Tradis

Failed attempt of the New Genesis, which humans tried 500 years ago, marked the beginning of a massive change in the world. The world was changing and so was the tampered flow of the natural energies and the laylines. In many places, the laylines emerged and opened to the surface, manifesting as physical things like trees and rocks and places, later known as the places of Dimensional seals.

During the second decade, after the Genesis calamity, when a new civilisation was being settled. In the depth of Himis, where the blue flower of life blooms, the being was born out of divine energies of the higher dimensions.

A human being, but born from the Divines, who possessed the energies, knowledge and wisdom of the Divines.
.

"For centuries, after the failed, human-made attempt of Reality Genesis. . . I came into the existence. I was alone, wandering like a trespasser, observing and understanding the world around me before Mankind welcomed me, made friends with me and gave me a home. . . just for me to realise later how he kept using me for his good and to gain knowledge of the world. When he saw my potential and the nature of energies I possessed. . . I was abandoned.

"The knowledge, of the divines, beyond the world. . . The human saw that in me and used me to understand it. Years passed, I died, and, being a creation of Divine energies, was unwillingly resurrected by humans, with the knowledge of the divine, in the same identity and the identical body several times. My eyes, over the centuries, witnessed many events and every time, in the end, all I wished was. . . to die in peace.

"But today, when I stopped the massive manifestations of swords from destroying the capital, a pure sword, my own creation, pierced through my chest and a vision flashed in my eyes of the future for the last time, and glanced at my death.

"For the first time. . . it was blank. And, I see nothing ahead of this moment. . . and. . . It's beautiful."

Words had appeared in the visions of those who were connected to the leylines before the fragile leylines lost their glow and strength. The sword kept piercing Steve's heart; blood began to stain Steve's clothes. Soon, his face turned ashed pale. His hands, grabbing Astharoth's hand, descended slowly, lifelessly.

In a moment, Astharoth, with tears in his own eyes, was gone and Steve's body lay on the destroyed platform on the top of Eva's workplace unit. Rita could do nothing but witness him fall.

~~

Smile, even if your heart is aching.
Smile, even if you're breaking.
Crying won't make things better,
Life is a journey, which you start alone and end the same way.
But, you shall always have me with you, supporting and pushing you ahead when you feel like giving up.
So. . . For me. . . smile,

In the early hours of the next morning following the end of war, the armies and the Eva Elites returned to the City of ambers, expressing their joy and happiness on the victory over the evil entities, just to realise how exactly had they won and what this win cost.

Following the rituals from the old spiritual records, Steve's body was washed with warm water by the Duke himself, and the Duchess of Thena joined him. The big sword wound on his chest was cleaned and sealed away with strips of white cloth, Steve was dressed in bright white clothes, and a garland of roses, his dearest, was placed above his body before resting him in a royal coffin of the Lydian royal house. The coffin, with an image made of platinum, of the rising Phoenix bird on its top. The royal coffin, after the wishes were offered by thousands, was moved inside the royal house and was taken to the place where the old ancestors of the Duke were buried. Having no one to call family, the title of 'the member of the royal family' was honored to him by the Duke.

Songs of sacrifices were played for him and the people who fell in the war, and Steve was given an honorary title in the history and records of the nation. Many letters were received from all over the nation and beyond the nation. People visited, risking their lives through the great desert and the Thena's waters, to get a glance at him and his coffin for the last time. Many letters were sent, with travelers, from Assyria and Scythia, from the many people who knew the truth about Steve's resurrected existence all these years and who were helped by him.

Never, in Lydian history, was any person's death mourned more deeply and widely as happened during those days. After Steve was no more with them.

Songs of sacrifices continued for a week, and the Duke himself spoke to the people about not losing their hopes.

He ended his statements with, "the Nation shall never forget this pure man, a man of peace. The nation shall come back on track, and respect the past and the lives lost in the War. We will get through it together."

That day, for the first time in my entire life, I saw the whole world cry and mourn for a single man.

The past, the calamity DeSadia faced due to the selfishness of humans in this reality and the things, the people of DeSadia went through after their arrival in this reality.

This—everything I witnessed and was enlightened to during these series of events made me question, what is “right”?—if our reality cherished, but made theirs suffer, was that right? If Charles saved his family, throwing William in the darkness, maybe it was right for him, for his family, but was that “right”?

If saving some people were important, by assassinating that innocent child, that was right… for people, but was that “right”? Even the things happened with Sallos. And after realising what his purpose was, behind what he did. . . And how it ended because the other side, our side, decided that was wrong. Was that ‘right’? .

It made me question whose fault it was, which took humanity and the vision of existence to the place it was standing now.

If happiness and satisfaction in one’s life can indirectly be the cause of the downfall of others, where did we stand on the grand, ultimate scale of ethical grounds? It makes me question, if this is what life and existence is—grounded and sorrounded by the mere emotions and limited understanding. . . then what really is the value in this thing we call the art of living?
What is the value in it? In ‘Right’.

The thought of it, even now when I write this down as a book, facinates me. I'm afraid people will still treat this like any other fantasy, a fiction—obviously, they won't have any memories of these events. They're not supposed to have any, after how this all would have ended in coming time. But, I still remember it like a fresh memory. And it taught me a lot.