8 : The War Arrives

One wants peace. But it can't always be granted by fate. . . sometimes, you need to stand, you need to fight for it.

Steve, somehow, had predicted the war-The possible usage of two out of many dimensional seals, one in the Himis and the other on the southern borders and every other possibility. Presumably, through the vision, he once mentioned, he used to get.

The army of Thena, accompanied by half of the Eva elites, was requested to cover the place near the dimensional seal in the southern borders. While Eva members, with rest members of the Eva elites and the Lydian army, moved toward Ciria-the Lydian city on the borders of Himis where another seal existed.

Armadas, the massive flying battleships Lydians had never witnessed for more than a century, and vehicles, carrying arms, soldiers, and Eva members, moved. Ciria was cautiously evacuated under the story of safety reasons due to the made-up 'Great Himi Avalanche' possibility. The higher elites from Eva, led by Raya-the strongest and wisest elite-joined and were informed not to bring the war to Ciria, or Lydia.

War shall not move out of the mountains.

While Steve made sure William won't enter or even know about the war. The Duke and Steve, remained in the capital, for potential surprises that Ranks might have planned.

Eva members, with the Lydian army and machines, moved toward the Gates of Himi, the broad spacious passage between the two exactly vertical sides of the mountains. An area that resembles a massive gate, thus called the 'Gates of Himi.'

I still remember standing there on that almost flat floor of snow-covered mountain surface, remembering the Dimensional seal I once visited and the eerie, terrifying voice heard from the stone slate on the seal. The glorious, once considered sacred, mountains were soon to be remembered as a battle grounds.

~~

Astharoth, accompanied by Lucifer, walked on the flat surface, like a thick layer of frozen water, a circular area carved with big triquetra, and in the center of it, stood the stone slate with ancient script. The seal, the pathway to possibly connect the conscious mind to the cosmos and connect the dimensions.

"How much time has it been?" Lucifer would say, looking at those massive humanoids, who once possessed the strength to annihilate entire nations, now ascended up with white, massive sword-shaped spikes, pierced through their bodies. His mind, partly impressed, partly feared at the strength of the being who was able to massacre these literal planet killers.

"You would have known," Astharoth said. "If you had ever walked out of that cave of yours after the previous war."

"How can you not understand, DeSadians were a minority in this reality and they still are."

"We are strong," Astharoth said. "Last time, we underestimated the strength the humans possessed and the way they'd use my S-R field waves. If we had summoned this DeSadian humanoid robot army in the previous uprising, by this time, our people would have lived freely in this world."

Both went quiet and kept walking toward the middle of the area, toward the stone slate.

"The slate once roared with voices," Astharoth revealed. "and these white, sword-shaped spikes appeared from the ground, didn't even give these massive humanoids enough time to resist, before massacring them. Good for us, now we don't have to take efforts to defeat these 'protectors' before using the seal."

"You say, the voices roared from the seal," Lucifer said. "What did the voices say?"

Astharoth'd pause for a moment, showing some signs of hesitation, and resistance before saying, "I could make out from the voices that, someone is not happy with these Vessels and the so-called divines, if they even exist."