10 : The First Great Impact

After Amon had walked outside the office room, from a different hidden door, Steve Tradis asked us to follow him and took us to the ground floor-to his other personal space room. Without hesitation, Rita walked in and we followed.

Steve walked towards the end of the room and touched the rough surface of the room walls. With that, a decently large brick was pressed inside when pressure was applied. Steve carefully pressed the 12 bricks in order-like some sort of code. Some bricks were pressed multiple times and some were pressed more deeply than other ones.

After the combination was completed, a rumbling sound appeared and six big tiles at the left corner of the room descended, revealing a path. Steps descending into the depth of the surface.

Like, a dungeon under the Eva? I asked myself.

Steve turned towards us, "Rita, George? Will you wait for some time?" He asked, "I would like to have a walk with William."

"You mean, a walk inside that room?" Rita asked,

"Yes," he said, "and rest assured, you can trust me. We won't start fighting or anything."

"Why?" Asked William, with a curious expression.

"You want to know about the 'initiation', right?" Steve asked. "Some things can't be explained normally."

"Then why just me?" William asked.

"Because it has to be you," Steve said, with his strange tone, and William recalled Rivia's words when they met, back at the lake.

My mind failed to understand the meaning of his words. But, noticing William's expressions, it seemed he knew what Steve Tradis was talking about. Rita, without a question, agreed to stay back with me and William walked towards Steve.

"I still don't trust you," William said. "You could have saved her, back then."

"It's okay if you don't want to trust me," Steve replied. "But rest assured, she's okay." The director smiled.

"We will be back. . ." Steve said, looking towards us.

Rita nodded, and they walked inside the small opening on the floor. William quietly followed him.

They descended, climbing down the spiral steps made out of carved stones, descending in the depth of the surface. Steve, without saying a word, walked forward and William kept following him.

Steve, being able to harness the energies at a higher degree, manifested a small sphere of light to lit up the surrounding area as they descended. William looked around the place while walking down the steps. There were many images and designs carved on the walls.

"How far is it?" William asked, breaking the silence.

"Not much," said steve.

William was quiet again and followed the directions.

After descending for a while, they reached the floor. Steve whispered, and all the small lamps on the walls were lit up, spreading a bright yellow light all over the place.

The place was a massive underground area consisting of some rooms and a broad corridor. William found himself standing in the main room of the place. Steve walked forward and rested his body on the small wooden bench present in the room near the wall. He looked towards William and tilted his head, hinting William to have a seat on the other side of the bench. William walked forward and rested his body on the other side of the table.

"So? What do you want to show me?" asked William.

"To be honest," answered Steve. "I don't really want to show anything. I just wanted to talk to you alone."