chapter one

You had pulled in a woven bag of shells and decorative items that would be used to craft great works of accessories and attire for dinners and dances. You spent a while collecting each item for it's respective use. Finding some of the same colors, designs and patterns, or overall falling into the same family.

You looked through the bag, sorting everything into small piles on the floor of your family's marui. It seemed you had lost a few on the way back, either from slipping out of your bag as you swam or perhaps when you had accidentally crashed into a large fish after swimming too fast while examining the sea floor for other specialties. You slightly curse under your breath, you were too stubborn to forget about them. You really did think they'd be a wonderful addition to the creations your mother and sister could make.

You took a deep breath, stretching your arms and legs as you prepared to head back into the water. Your items back in the bag they came in.
You took slow steps out of your home, your head glancing up as you noticed large flying creatures tracking down to the surface of where your village laid.

You looked around, seeing as most members began to gather together to the scene. You could only do the same, but you noted to yourself that you'd be back for those shells you so desperately wanted.

To your convenience, your sister, Tsireya arrives to your left. She runs quickly, pulling your arm and without any warning, diving into the water with you. You suppose you didn't exactly need a warning.

She turned to smile at you, as in saying 'sorry' but it wasn't like you were upset anyway.

Your bodies rose from the water. Your sister flipping her hair behind her, as it must've gotten bothersome in front. While you gently moved it away behind your ears with 'swoop' like motions from your hands. You dropped them behind your back, clasping them together. Your eyes hovered over at the strangely blue family. With rather strange tails, and strange eyes. Strange. Mutually, two of the males in the said family looking at you and your sister as you arose from the water.

You looked at the situation, back and forth between the family, your parents and your brother—Aonung, and his friends circling around the group. Teasing them, your sister swatted one of his friend's arms away before seeking to reach out and take hold of the tail that belonged to one of the family members.

Scolding him quietly about how they aren't from the water.

You tilted your head slightly at the interaction happening, you felt some sort of internal embarrassment for the friend. A barely visible smile showing to your face, your body swaying side to side slowly.

"Hey." The presumably younger male of the strange family spoke to your sister. She let out a small laugh, a giggle it seemed. You looked at her, showing your smile a bit more. It seemed quite obvious what was happening. Your eyes had originally wanted to trail back to the boy, but had instead stopped right at the..other boy of the family. His eyes wondered at you, he looked slightly surprised, and a bit dazed as he looked at what seemed to be your every feature. Your smile dropped slightly as you turned away almost immediately and paid attention to your parents interrogate the family. Though, the small smile didn't fully leave. It wasn't too visible though. Your intentions weren't in a negative light. You were just rather embarrassed, but unlike a small laugh like your sister—you simply looked away.

The interaction between your parents and the father of the family, Toruk Makto, was rather interesting to watch. You couldn't help but feel a little bit of empathy for them as your mother revealed their demonic traits such as having five fingered hands. You weren't on anyone's side, you would help if they stayed, and move on if they weren't allowed to. In addition to that, you actually didn't mind the strange looks they portrayed, or the fact that you'd share your home, your traditions and practices.

"Toruk Makto and his family will stay with us. Treat them as our brothers and sisters. They do not know the sea, they will be like babies. Teach them our ways so they do not suffer the shame of being useless."

Your father turned from the family to the rest of the clan. You looked down at the ground, wiggling your toes into the sand and then moving your head up again.

"My children will guide yours on what to do." He added, facing the father. Your brother was in no way happy about this. Your sister was a different story, and you— well you didn't mind. You have no bad or good opinion.

"Come," Tsireya began, a welcoming smile on her face. "I will show you our village."

You nodded your head in a slight bow to them. Holding your hands together after motioning for them to follow behind. You and Tsireya walked through the village, using the bridges that weren't too far up from the water, for easy swimming. The youngest child found the bridges most entertaining. You smiled at her, you could see the genuine happiness on her face as she bounced on top of the bridge, roaming around to her own free will.

Your attention being brought back to everyone else after she was told to stay put.

"Your new home." Tsireya presented an empty marui. Her smile just like the young girl, happy and still welcoming. You stood to her left, allowing the family to enter and examine the home. You'd hope they'd be comfortable there. Thinking of such, you thought it would be nice to bring a basket full of necessities. It would probably help them get comfortable, at least a little bit. They must be tired after such a long trip on high grounds. You wondered if they even ate anything.

"This will do." Toruk Makto spoke. You and Tsireya offered a gentle smile. You figured it would be best to leave them to relax and get themselves put together. Tsireya nodded her head towards the father, similar to what you did prior. The boy from before, the one who had looked at you like he'd never seen anything like you. Because, he hasn't. And that was okay. He examined the room, just like most of the family did. You looked at Tsireya, who waved off the family and began her walk away from their Marui. You followed right behind, planning your next trip to the sea in order to find those shells.

'After I bring their necessities.' You thought.

Your eyes wondered around, you and Tsireya walking back to your marui.
"Do you think they will learn quickly?" Tsireya questioned, you simply shrugged. "If we are good teachers. Then perhaps." You answered.

"I hope we do not fail them then." She replied, smiling straight ahead. "We are helpful. We will help." I stated.

// a/n
I tried to remember what I could and make it seem fitting, please let me know if you have any suggestions to add. more interactions w/ neteyam will be added