Chapter 12 (Deja vu)

Sorry for taking so long to update, I'll be updating at least once a week! Promise. Enjoy.

Chapter 12 (Deja vu)

"Are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine don't worry."

"Really? Because you haven't said much just staring at your plate toying with the food."

I was spacing out. The words 'you're dead Sofia' kept popping on my head like an advertising on the internet. The thought that mean Vanessa is back didn't overwhelmed me.

'Good things don't last long.' My subconscious is always a bad reminder, but it is true. She was being nice, probably fake nice but still... I ruined it. But it was all for her own good. Mathew was thankful I told him, and it made me feel I was doing something helpful. Not that helpful, for me but I am okay with it. Like the destiny child song 'I'm a survivor' yeah keep singing yourself that you're a dead woman once you go back to that house.

That's another thing, Mathew. The way he looked at me earlier was something else. He seemed angry and kind of sad at the same time. I've never seen that side of him and it's something I don't want to explore. Well I can't blame him for feeling those emotions, he is her brother after all. I felt kind of upset when he left the restaurant, a part of me wanted him to stay. What am I saying? I just wanted to know how is he.

"Sofia are you sure you okay? I can take you home if you want."

I shacked my head saying 'no' taking my fork and shoving some pasta inside my mouth, which I have to admit is quiet delicious.

Joe has been concerned of me since Vanessa approached the table, he has been nothing but a gentleman and asking if I am okay. I better stop spacing out and start paying attention to Joe.

Even my first date was ruined by you Vanessa, thanks!

"So what's up?" I smiled playfully to Joe taking another fork full of pasta.

He scratch the back of his head, "You girls are complicated."

"That's what makes you so complicated." I joked smiling, grabbing my cup and taking a zip of my lemon juice.

He put his hand on his heart "I am so offended." He said sarcastically on a girly voice.

We both chuckled. I am also impressed, I never thought Joe could be so funny and nice. If it weren't because of the Vanessa incident this date would of turned out to be perfect. It's such a coincidence that we crashed on the same restaurant.

"Sofia." He placed his hand on top of mine that was leaning next to my lemonade.

It made my heart skip a beat, my whole body shivered, and my hands started to get sweaty. My eyes widen by the touch of his warm hand in top of mine, it made me feel nervous and anxious at the same time.

"You look beautiful today." Looking at my lap pulling my dress a little more to my knees I can't help but to smile like a fool.

Do I really look beautiful? Does he really mean it? All my life I've been called nothing but funny names, and now I have the most good looking guy in school calling me beautiful. I must be dreaming.

I pinched my knee. Damn I shouldn't have done that. I wasn't dreaming it is true.

I could feel the burn on my cheeks. I lifted my head slightly. His so amazing sparkling grey eyes met mines. The grin on his face was so childish and cute.

He removed his hand away from mine, 'why did he do that?' Was all I can wonder I was enjoying the warmth of his hand.

He sat straight on his chair "A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking, because her trust is not on the branch but on its own wing." He smiled looking away. "Believe in yourself Sofia."